arrow removal

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5050

arrow removal

Post by jody5050 »

:( spend more time trying to pull out arrows, from my block target! do not even want to shoot groups heck, i'll ruin the fletching on half my arrows. (i use carbon shafts) tried to use a grip type puller, it slides on the shaft more than my hand. arrow lube would make it easier to pull out, but would have to say that it helps it to go in farther, also. any ideas ?? *semper-fi the few, the proud. ooh-rah
exocet 200 easton power bolts tracer nocks 125gr magnus stingers bad river tagged-out fiber optic sight S5 system monkey tail string dampeners
theoldarcher

Re: arrow removal

Post by theoldarcher »

Go to Wal-Mart and get one of thier cheap bag targets (around $25.00). I have had mine for two years now and they work geat with crossbows and easy two finger removal. They don't fare well with broadheads but they work great on pratice heads or field points.
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

3rd of 4 generations of ooh-rah... here !!!!!
only thing i can tell you is your block is not a 18/1 rhinehart.
if it is... its wore plumb-out :shock:
are you shoot'n fieldpoints or broadheads ?
yep, your right... tha lube makes it sink deeper !!!
always remember, if a target requires arrow lube, somethin's lack'n :shock:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Danny Miller arrow puller. :wink:

Danny Miller's phone # - (740) 483-2312
wabi
Yarak

Post by Yarak »

Gendoc and Wabi are "spot" on.

I just purcahsed a Rinehart rhinoblock and shooting twice as many arrows because they are so easy to pull!! Danny's arrow pullers are second to none, I use them but really don't have to. I feel that by using them I am putting less stress on the arrow/components. Just remember to give a slight twist before you pull.

The more you shoot.........the more everything gets better. Everything is cheap if you are doing what you want to do!
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

the 18/1 is expensive... if you use fieldpoints, the rag-bag is the best by far..
21.95 and you stuff it with your stuff !!!
wyvern creations has them and we have 3 now.
cheap and can remove an arrow with 2 fingers, for real !!! :shock:
even when fired @ 400fps.
will never buy another fp block/bag again.....broadheads require the 18/1
don't ask me how i know this ??!!??!! lost lottsa $$ until i was educated :mrgreen:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

There is a fairly recent post about someplace has the 18/1 targets(seconds) at a good savings. If I remember corectly its about 70.00. It might be worth looking into.
jody5050

Post by jody5050 »

18/1 rinehart, can honestly say i never heard of that model. i have heard of rinehart. the tarrget i have is called the block, it is a good target, feild pts. and bh use. this is the third season i have used it and it is still in good shape. my 65lb vert. bow, the arrows only go in half way, with bh's. with the xbow, arrows go in 3/4 way in, making it difficult to grip without damaging fletching. the pliers sound good as long as they do not damage arrow. the rubber fuel line sounds good also. thanks for the feedback.
exocet 200 easton power bolts tracer nocks 125gr magnus stingers bad river tagged-out fiber optic sight S5 system monkey tail string dampeners
deerhunter0430

Post by deerhunter0430 »

i shoot into a block fusion and never had any trouble getting my arrows out of the target im shooting the equinox ,arrows go in about 2/3 of arrow lenght .I think i payed about $150.00 bucks for it three years ago and is still in great shape...
2010 equinox,groundpounder,boo string.S5,100 gr grim reapers
Dash

Post by Dash »

I agree with a few of the guys that a rag bag target is easiest to remove field points (and cheapest "FREE" ). Two finger removal no probs. My original feed bag filled with rag target has had thousands of shots and still going strong. I've since pulled another bag over the outside because rags were starting to bulge out, but she's looking like new again.
You're right about the fuel line Hankenhunter. Works great, without damaging the carbons like some other methods.
Last edited by Dash on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

flightattendant100 wrote:There is a fairly recent post about someplace has the 18/1 targets(seconds) at a good savings. If I remember corectly its about 70.00. It might be worth looking into.
boy that would be good if they still had them available... our scouts need several
and would jump on a few ina heartbeat.

2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

shaftthrower

Post by shaftthrower »

I've seen 18-1 blems targets on e-bay.
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

Good to see all these Marines here!

GET SOME!

BTW Wabi, thanks for posting that about Dan's arrow remover. I tried Excal's in the past (screw in to the shaft) and it worked great - right up to when it would pull the insert out!). I will give Dano a call and see how many coins he needs for it. :)
da7703

Post by da7703 »

I use shelf material...the honeycombed stuff that's tacky and you line shelves and draws with, to pull my arrows. Cheap and gives a great grip...assuming you have enough shaft to grab.

I bought a small cabela's shot stopper last year, and it's holding up pretty well (fp's only). The middle's getting punch through, but there's plenty, plenty left to shoot on it. I'd guess 300-400 shots thus far. Definitely need to twist before pulling, as the heat kinda glues them in. In the center, where the most shots have hit, easy removal...other areas a tad more work till they get more shots.
Deer & beer...that's why arrows and Hop Devil were made.
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

The Danny Miller puller and Scorpion Venom. Be sure to only lube the first inch or two as you shoot more the lube moves up the shaft and after a while the lube is up to where you will be gripping and you will slip. This is from experience from one of the members of Team Dri-Fire 3D shooters extrodinaire :lol:
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows