deerhunter0430

trail camera

Post by deerhunter0430 »

what trail camera do you use and why??
2010 equinox,groundpounder,boo string.S5,100 gr grim reapers
gendoc

Re: trail camera

Post by gendoc »

got 4 timber eye's.. there great and simple.
you don't havta hava degree to figur them out !!!
gotta few cuddy backs too......they take bout same results in
details of pictures. grandson is the programmer of them.
we like them both. so far they hide good !! nobody stole'um yet :lol:
good luck with witch-ever you get :wink:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Bushnell I bought 3 years ago.

A set of 8 AA (lithium) batteries lasts all season, and the SD card (2GB) holds hundreds of pics. I had 350 pics on the card I pulled this morning covering a 24 hour period at the feeder. :roll:
I've got a little over $200 in it and the lockable steel security box, but it's been well worth it for the thousands of wildlife pics it has taken in those few years. No serious malfunctions, fairly easy to program, decent picture quality, and reliable once I figured out the best settings to use. I had a lot of blank pics at first (set for 3 pics per trigger), but found if it's set to capture 2 pics per trigger for some reason I have few blanks.

I have it mounted on a post near my feeder (circled in red in the pic taken from my ladder stand).
wabi
deerhunter0430

Post by deerhunter0430 »

what kind of bushnell ?
denisdendenis

Post by denisdendenis »

got a steath cam (no good) just trouble...
my old moultrie still woorking .my new one is moultrie M80 check my post TRAIL CAM PICS you will see for yourself .
ps
pics are fun but you can take some video to
Denis
excalibur equinox
standard excel string
vari-zone scope
excalibur carbon arrows
3 lunenok excalibur carbon arrows
s5 string chock
range finder mount
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I am trail camera poor. My old Moultrie works fine but the display is getting hard to read(common prob. with these)Bought a Stealth Cam a couple of years ago,not as good of pics,battery life is short, seems to just be a much lower quality camera.Bought a Primos 46 last year,good pics,liked it so I bought one of the Primos35 cameras.Always something,battery life is nearly nill,doesnt take pics,take it home,works fine,take it back to woods takes 10 pics and quits.... always something.Bought a Moultrie M80 a while back. Like it real well so far. Great pics, simple to set up.The Primos46 has decided this year to not be able to change the date and time,still takes good pics tho. I guess this makes me kinda of a Moultrie guy, but always looking for something better or cheaper or both.
perrysbirds

Post by perrysbirds »

With the display on your moutrie,,,just email moutrie and they will send you out one for free....its not that hard to fix either...
If im not out shooting deer.
Im home drinking beer!
2007 exomax
Bones

Post by Bones »

Bushnell XLT 2010 version , seems to take good pics day or night , battery life is great, simple to set up and fairly compact. Go to busnell.com and download the updates if you go with this cam , it improved my trigger speed.
Bones
Carutht

Post by Carutht »

I have an old Cuddeback that croaked the first time I deployed it. It was repaired and has not missed a lick since. My only complaint is battery life but as I said it is old.I have a 128 MB card in it and usually the battery dies before the card is filled. I have two scoutguards that work great and battery life is amazing. They are not covert. The older of the two will spook deer. The newer of the two does not. I have 2GB cards in them and have filled the cards with 85% battery power left. I have two Reconyx HC600's which are covert IR. Battery life is also amazing and I can use rechargeable batteries. They do not spook deer. I have 4GB cards in them. I doubt I will fill the cards but it would be nice.
deerhunter0430

Post by deerhunter0430 »

Moultrie will not send you a free display i just called them the price is 14.99 plus tax but still cheaper than buying a new one!!
flightattendant100

deerhunter0430 wrote:Moultrie will not send you a free display i just called them the price is 14.99 plus tax but still cheaper than buying a new one!!
There is a guy on e-bay that is selling a two page "How-To" on fixing the Moultrie display. 7bucks? I may try it and let ya'll know how it works
deerhunter0430

Post by deerhunter0430 »

flightattendant100 wrote:
deerhunter0430 wrote:Moultrie will not send you a free display i just called them the price is 14.99 plus tax but still cheaper than buying a new one!!
There is a guy on e-bay that is selling a two page "How-To" on fixing the Moultrie display. 7bucks? I may try it and let ya'll know how it works
moultrie send you the directions with the new display !!!
flightattendant100

This "How To" is not on replacing the display,it is on repairing it. Says it works 90%+ of the time(there is his out). Thought I would waste 7 bucks and find out.Several of us at the lease have those cameras and all are doing it to some extent.