turkey licence fees

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbhntr

turkey licence fees

Post by xbhntr »

I can't believe the money grab for a turkey licence ! ! In 2011, you paid $26.93 for a Spring turkey . This season was from April 25 to May 31 , 2011. The Fall season is also $26.93 from October 11 to October 23 , 2011 . Spring equaled 31 hunting days with a bow or 24 days with a gun . The Fall season has13 hunting days with a bow and 11 days with a gun. Spring season , Toms and Jakes only ; Fall season , both sex. I feel that the Fall season licence should be half the cost , it's half the hunting days !
ComfyBear

Re: turkey licence fees

Post by ComfyBear »

In regards to turkey licences, they really "sock it to us". Since they consider turkeys, "big game", similar to deer and moose, one needs a specific licence, however, unlike deer and moose, in order to purchase the licence one must also purchase a "small game" licence. When the two are added together, the cost is similiar to that of a deer licence. If one wishes to harvest a 2nd bird, one must pay full price for an additional tag. Talk about gouging.

I've learned along time ago that the MNR will charge as much as they can get away with, and they continually increase their fees. I remember a time when a deer and moose licence cost $10 and $15 respectively. For that price a bear tag was also included.

We Ontarians are real suckers to take it, considering that our American cousins can purchase a licence that is good for several deer, and can then purchase extra tags at a fraction of the cost of the first licence.

The only way things will change is if we smarten up and refuse to be gouged; until then the MNR will continue to ask us to bend over and smile.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.