Lousy Day

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

denisdendenis

Re: Lousy Day

Post by denisdendenis »

Got a brother in the royal canadian air force ,he told me once , when he comes back from a mission is thought is allways of his family
at the cottage and hunthing camp, do not worry for me ,because i am well trained and i am helping alot of people overseas and i love what i am doing. but a pray from you wont hurt , Dagriz i am sure your son thougth will be of his family and is dad in the stand when hunthing come ,got some prays for your family and your son safe return for next year hunt
regards
Denis
excalibur equinox
standard excel string
vari-zone scope
excalibur carbon arrows
3 lunenok excalibur carbon arrows
s5 string chock
range finder mount
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Sorry to hear that bummer news Darrel!
My thought are with you and your son and I hope for his safe return so you will be able to hunt together another time. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
M&M

Post by M&M »

Hey Griz my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I have been deployed 6 times so far to that area and I know that it is usually harder on the family at home than on the soldier that is deployed, emotionally anyways. His family needs you now more than ever to be there for them, but I know I am not telling you anything you don't allready know, so I will be praying for your family and for a hedge of protection around your son while he is serving in harms way
M&M
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

M&M, Thanks for the kind words. The issue with my son is he never goes to a even remotely secure base, He is a chief warrant officer and in charge of an elite anti terrorist SF team. Conscquently he is always in dangerous places, far removed from any support. He very seldom carries anything that would identify him as an American.
His missions are Eyes Only top secret and if he or any of his team is captured the US would deny the even know them.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

Speaking as one who hasn't had to serve I have no idea of what some of you have had to go through.
My son is safe and sound and fortunately I can contact him and see him whenever I like.
This is one of the freedoms that I and thousands of others take for granted and don't really think about.
Thankyou for bringing this home to me.
A lot of us just don't know how lucky we are.
Thoughts are with you.
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

DaGriz wrote:Thanks for all the great responses! He knows how to take care of himself, but.....
I remember my time in 'Nam, 65-67, as a SnakeEater who actually worked for the CIA. My son had to follow in my foosteps, against me advice, scares me to death as I know what it's like on those missions!

At least this time I know where he is, usually he says he's off with his counter/anti terrorist team and that's all he can say. I don't know where he is going or when he'll be back. He's been on so many missions, and he can't tell me about them! This is the worst one for me as I was so looking forward to his coming here to hunt. It is the only time I get to see him, once a year or every other year!
I guess when you get older you worry more and get too sentimental! :(
Da Griz I think that's your heart speaking!!!!
papa bear1
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

DaGriz wrote:M&M, Thanks for the kind words. The issue with my son is he never goes to a even remotely secure base, He is a chief warrant officer and in charge of an elite anti terrorist SF team. Conscquently he is always in dangerous places, far removed from any support. He very seldom carries anything that would identify him as an American.
His missions are Eyes Only top secret and if he or any of his team is captured the US would deny the even know them.
Sounds very dangerous DaGriz! As worried as you may be it must fill you with great pride that he is willing to repeatedly put himself in harms way so that we can can enjoy the freedoms that we have everyday! A sign of a good man for sure!! I wish him all the best and appreciate what he does for us.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads