Stringing 101...Help!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rickster

Stringing 101...Help!

Post by Rickster »

Hey guys, just wondering how to solve this problem- After stringing my exomag with a new flemish string (with the proper brace height) it has been flying off the mag tip grooves when I pull the trigger. This happens maybe 4 out of 6 tries....Any suggestions.......?
wheelie

Re: Stringing 101...Help!

Post by wheelie »

Did you buy it new? is it an excalipur string? Are arrows the recommended weight or above? I would contact the company because something is not right. Loops on string could be to big. You can only be lucky so many times on a dryfire kinda thing. Company will help you out.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Are yer arrows hitting where you aim? Either the loops are too big or the string is hitting the riser or dry firing causes that problem!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Rickster

Post by Rickster »

Hey vixenmaster and wheelie also....I will test everything after work tomorrow-I think the loops were a bit big, like you said so I will give them an extra twist before hooking them on the grooves. Thanks again for your input,
Rickster
munch

Post by munch »

are the limbs mag tip or the old carved tip limbs that may not like fast flight string.boo is the guy to ask about string problems he knows all the ins and outs
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

New Flemish (factory) string? If not, the loops may be too big. If factory, check to see if mag tip is chipped.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

Make surwe your brace height is OK. It should be about 1" from the front of the deck, and if it isn't just twist it up to make it shorter and the brace height will increase. I always put the flemish strings on with about 2" of brace height when they are new, then they usually lengthen when fired a few times to drop the brace down to 1". If you shoot it when the brace is under 1/2" the string will fly off. If this isn't the issue just phone the factory at 800 463 1817 and we'll figure it out.
ScottytheLoner

Post by ScottytheLoner »

Bill T wrote:Make surwe your brace height is OK. It should be about 1" from the front of the deck, and if it isn't just twist it up to make it shorter and the brace height will increase. I always put the flemish strings on with about 2" of brace height when they are new, then they usually lengthen when fired a few times to drop the brace down to 1". If you shoot it when the brace is under 1/2" the string will fly off. If this isn't the issue just phone the factory at 800 463 1817 and we'll figure it out.
THIS is another reason why I bought an Excalibur. Help from the man himself.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

And if there is a problem it can be fixed before deer season . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Rickster

Post by Rickster »

Thanks again to all you guys.......Bill T.- I am so thankful you care about your customers, it seems my loops were a bit big over the mag tips and I adjusted every thing and had 10 great shots this evening. My brace height is 2 inches but I will wait a bit before I tinker again with twisting/untwisting.
I will talk again soon..
Rickster
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

WOW!! THAT IS COSTUMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!! thats why i own an excalibur....

papa bear1
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings