Excalibur Ambassador

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MarkMarine

Excalibur Ambassador

Post by MarkMarine »

While perusing other sites relevant to crossbow hunting, I cannot help but run across familiar names I first met on this one. Whether it is Vixenmaster or Bob, Sumner or Laura, the reaction is the same: I feel a sense of kinship bred of familiarity. No matter where I bump into one of the above (or others), I automatically am "home".

Add to that another emotion: pride. Reading their post on other venues gives an unbiased perspective to who they truly are. It is one thing to tout the product's quality among Excalibur forum members, but something else to do so when you are not on Excalibur's forum. It demonstrates that they truly believe in the product and their testimonials mirror that quality of belief.

Thus, the real quality does not rest in their hands, but in their hearts. The bow does not make them better people, these people truly make the bow. Yes, yes, yes...Bill had a dream and exorcised it into reality through laborious hours until that vision manifested itself into the ancestral semblance of the product we know today. However, if his dream only sat upon his workbench, then its value to any beyond him would be nil.

But others believed in that dream. They invested more than money to see it come to fruition; as their own interests lay within their fantasies to have a crossbow that would dependably empower them to engage life, revisit nature, and/or if but for a moment in time, become the physical embodiment of myth as William Tell standing before a distant target cloaked in confidence and capability.

I wish Bill would take a moment to recognize the loyal and faithful following which extends well beyond the confines of this site. I know, I have seen it with these tired old eyes. But since he is busy conjuring up yet another twist, I would like to thank the true Ambassadors of Excalibur who are the consumer compass of crossbows ever pointing the way home...
Bill T

Re: Excalibur Ambassador

Post by Bill T »

Trust me, I appreciate the loyalty that you folks and all of our customers give to us here at Excalibur. Without that loyalty we would never have been able to live our dream, and on top of that we'd all be shooting crappy crossbows (just kidding!). Anyway I see this thing as a two way street, we treat our customers with the utmost respect and try to give a product that they can be proud to use, and in return you folks have shown us your appreciation by being loyal. Thanks for all your help and Kath and I promise to keep Excalibur on the same road and to continue to provide you folks the very best crossbows and service for years to come.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

We appreciate the kind words Bill T and all the hard work from you and the entire Excalipur Team.
lscha

Post by lscha »

Now that we have other sponsors, I have to be a bit more careful. I put as much in print as I possibly can without cutting off our nose.....but......whenever I get the chance, I'll sing the praises of Excalibur and in non-publicized conversations I make sure everyone knows my preference.

I really wish everyone could experience the Excalibur excitement. That's why an Ibex is always available for folks to shoot when we have events that allow it.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I wish everyone shot Excaliburs . :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Bill T wrote:Trust me, I appreciate the loyalty that you folks and all of our customers give to us here at Excalibur. Without that loyalty we would never have been able to live our dream, and on top of that we'd all be shooting crappy crossbows (just kidding!). Anyway I see this thing as a two way street, we treat our customers with the utmost respect and try to give a product that they can be proud to use, and in return you folks have shown us your appreciation by being loyal. Thanks for all your help and Kath and I promise to keep Excalibur on the same road and to continue to provide you folks the very best crossbows and service for years to come.
And that's why i shoot an excalibur!!!! :D
Stand up guy, stand up company...nuff said!!!! :wink:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Bill T wrote:Trust me, I appreciate the loyalty that you folks and all of our customers give to us here at Excalibur. Without that loyalty we would never have been able to live our dream, and on top of that we'd all be shooting crappy crossbows (just kidding!). Anyway I see this thing as a two way street, we treat our customers with the utmost respect and try to give a product that they can be proud to use, and in return you folks have shown us your appreciation by being loyal. Thanks for all your help and Kath and I promise to keep Excalibur on the same road and to continue to provide you folks the very best crossbows and service for years to come.
Bill I hope you and Kath,
harvest another nice deer this year like the one ya got last Oct 2010. As well as all the others on this site. :D :D :D
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I think most all owners of an Excalibur become an Ambassador to the product . It is darn near bullet proof . Wish that I had kept track of the number of people that are shooting Excal after speaking with me then trying my bow. ( short list is over 14 -- then they have done the same ) The crossbow will sell itself .
new2xbow

Post by new2xbow »

Has anyone else had as much trouble as me to get local bow shops to stock excal? There is one shop that says he is wanting to go direct with excal but in the same breath says i am the only one that buys excal items.

I tried to tell him if he would SELL the excals on their benefits, i.e. low maintenance, easy repair, more forgiving in dry-fire, field replace strings rather than ruined hunting days. I think he is thinking harder on having stock on hand.

As it is right now the fastest i can get BH's or strings or anything else i may need is a week minimum.

there is one shop that is listed on here that is about an hour away, but haven't been there yet to see if they keep stock of anything.

I honestly wonder if they are scared of losing the service portion of the crossbows.

BTW I think he has about 10 hoyts in stock.
Tony K.
Stokes County, NC
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
X-act 100gr

http://www.NCGunRights.com - "Gun laws only limit the law abiding!"
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

Tony, what Farmer said is so true: we are the best billboards for Excalibur. However, the bowshops do run into the dilemma of stocking what they think will sell. As another person in a different post said, when the compound bows first made their way onto the scene, it met some staunch resistance by traditional recurve archers. However, once the wheels were spinning and the cams camming, sells drove itself.

Is it any different for compound crossbows? No.

Why did the compound win out over the recurve in popularity? Because it was easier to draw, easier to hold, and subsequently faster to shoot. That the compound bow itself immediately goes into a bow-vice for necessary adjustments was lost on all the would be consumers. Their ears only heard the bells and whistles of "easier". Their eyes were blinded to the necessary tuning all required...and each time a tweak was necessary, back into the vice it went and allen wrenches went to work.

I have a Jari walk behind sickle-bar mower. It is belt driven. Pulleys here, there, and everywhere snaking belts about the entirety of the machine. When they are new, adjusted correctly...the machine operates flawlessly. However, after only a short while of operation, I must break out the wrenches and begin fine tuning it once more. Too much tension here, it stresses the shafts and bushings. Too little tension there, it does not engage the implement or wheels.

That is the curse of belts and moving parts. What Bill & Kath have done is take the cogs out their crossbow so a wrench could not be thrown in it (or have to be thrown at it). They made it simplistic where we do not need a special vice to change our strings.

YES it is harder to draw than a compound crossbow...but once that momentary "manpower" is expended and you are locked and cocked, there are no cams, pulleys, wheels, screws, tensioners, fasteners, and a myriad of other gizmos to toy with your energy you release upon trigger pull.

Until Joe Blow the compound aficionado recognizes the wisdom of such design, it will be more of the SOS stocked upon the shelves of the proprietors whom only feed the crap we are willing to consume.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I'm just very impressed with how well my bows have performed. I'm extremely impressed with the people behind the company. I'm equally impressed with the people that are buying Excalibur bows.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

bugs wrote:Well I got my first before I got on this board, I found the forum after the fact.
I also went and talked to crossbow hunters who told me to get excalipur. Then bought one and had CD with it and found this forum.
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

In just a few days im going to buy the Exomax , i already own a Vixen ,an Exocet 175 , & now an Exomax, not because a really need it , its just because i want it & i know the quality , plus a little extra speed & foot pounds wont hurt on my moose hunt this year, HEHEHE (that i have a Bull tag for). :D Thanks Excalibur :D .
"DON'T BE SCARED JUST GET A BOO"
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Bohning Blazer Vanes Rock
deerhunter0430

Post by deerhunter0430 »

bugs wrote:Well I got my first before I got on this board, I found the forum after the fact. But I tried CB's at the shop. Tried many brands and liked Excal because of the feel in my hands :D Later I found out how wonderful the product and service really were :D
this is my story as well, i just kind of stumbled across excalibur and thank god i did !!!
2010 equinox,groundpounder,boo string.S5,100 gr grim reapers
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

As it is right now the fastest I can get BH's or strings or anything else I may need is a week minimum.
You should try Danny. He's the cheapest on strings and probably has most of what you would want, 2-3 day priority mail. [740] 483-2312
"Eze 18:21"