Twilight DLX Scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Twilight DLX Scope

Post by Boo »

I still have to do some more work but I'll be filing a report on the Twilight DLX scope soon. Suffice to say that I am pleased with it and my hunt with it this year!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
strider23

Re: Twilight DLX Scope

Post by strider23 »

I just got mine dropped off by UPS today. Plan on getting a lot of sight testing with it this weekend, including some shooting at dusk. I'll post results when I have the time to get to the site.
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I just ordered a Vortex with a Twilight Deluxe scope from Danny Miller. Sounds like it is a winner
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
strider23

Post by strider23 »

Don, I was wondering if you've put Butler Creek flip up scope covers on your twilight? I measured mine with some digital calipers and got 2.0050" O.D. for the objective lens which converts to a #33 cap according to their recommendations. The ocular O.D. measured 1.6500" (1.6980" for the textured finger grip) which should equate to a #16 cap. If you, or anyone, has done this yet feel free to give me your 2 bits if you've come up with something different. :D

I'm looking forward to using this "twilight" model this fall. Over the years I've hunted primarily wooded areas that have a fair amount of cover and most of the deer that I've harvested from these locations appeared right around those dawn and dusk moments of the day. People hunting open areas and fields probably don't have as much of issue with this as us forest located peeps. Anyways, I'm hoping this will give me a little more of an advantage when it comes to making a safe & humane shot vs. a no shot. :D
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I'm looking forward to hearing the results, of the scope and of your hunt!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Boo

Post by Boo »

strider23 wrote:Don, I was wondering if you've put Butler Creek flip up scope covers on your twilight? I measured mine with some digital calipers and got 2.0050" O.D. for the objective lens which converts to a #33 cap according to their recommendations. The ocular O.D. measured 1.6500" (1.6980" for the textured finger grip) which should equate to a #16 cap. If you, or anyone, has done this yet feel free to give me your 2 bits if you've come up with something different. :D

I'm looking forward to using this "twilight" model this fall. Over the years I've hunted primarily wooded areas that have a fair amount of cover and most of the deer that I've harvested from these locations appeared right around those dawn and dusk moments of the day. People hunting open areas and fields probably don't have as much of issue with this as us forest located peeps. Anyways, I'm hoping this will give me a little more of an advantage when it comes to making a safe & humane shot vs. a no shot. :D
I just ordered some Blizzard Caps from Cabelas.
I've passed on many deer because of lack of light which is why I went to a VXIII. I don't expect this scope to be as good as but I'm hoping it everything I'm told it is.
shafferm

Post by shafferm »

Here are the measurements on the Twilight DLX that I am working with.

Front Objective 2.0050"

Ocular Measured over knurling 1.6955"
Ocular measured past knurling / closer to speed ring 1.6890"

I have on order a set of the Weaver Polar Caps with the clear lenses, ordered from OpticsPlanet.com

Size K 1.675-1.735" for the ocular
Size P 1.96-2.043" for the objective

The Butler creek caps work much better at the lower end of their fitting range, but pop open quite easily when you get near the upper end of their adjustment. The Weavers seemed to use a bit more elastic material. Will see how easy they are to bump open when I get them on the scope. This does give you another option besides the Butler Creek caps.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I've had no time to shoot the bow but got the Blizzard caps. They were #09 (2.0"-2.10") and #05 (1.6"-1.69"). The rear cap is tighter than a ducks a** but it fits.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

so far i like the scope except the windage and elevation dials. when you need to fine tune i hate scope dials that you gotta get out a coin or screwdriver. wish the red -green lite would have a smart shut off say after 10 minutes.the green on low looked off to my tired eyes. brought it inside and lucky i caught it.
ELLIS

Post by ELLIS »

I am not a hunter like most of you folks, just shoot 3D targets at tournaments.

Around here clubs like to put black targets, bears, turkeys or javelinas, down dark tunnels in the bush and have you shoot from a brightly lit trail or field. The targets are as close as 20 yards or out to 50. So far my Twilight scope has performed wonderfully in this situation, so well I can clearly see the rings on the target if they are not old and shot out.
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member