Changing a VIXEN ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

the elf

Changing a VIXEN ?

Post by the elf »

I know that I can change my original Vixen limbs and replace them with Magtip limbs-----but is it worth it ? What would I actually gain from the switch ? Or would I gain anything at all performance wise ? My Vixen and I get along just great but I am always wondering ---what if ??----if you know what I mean. I also have an Exocet 200----but am liking the vixen better after health incidents. Please treat this as serious questions.
Last edited by the elf on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boo

Re: Changing a VIXEN ?

Post by Boo »

The mag tips allow the use of a faster string. A forward swept riser will add even more speed.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

You may not gain enough to make it worth the effort. Somebody probably knows exactly, but, I'm guessing 20 FPS??

If I had the extra limbs and forward riser laying around . . .like taking apart your Exocet and putting the parts on your Vixen . .. then why not give it a try and see what you think?

Is that what you had in mind? If so, then I'd say, go for it.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
the elf

Post by the elf »

I managed to get a hold of a complete limb assembly with mag tips--but everything else is the same as on my old [98/99] vixen. It was a just in case purchase for a backup set which fits either the vixen or the Ex200.the limb colours on all 3 sets of limbs are different ; but thats an easy fix with spray paint
if I wish.The whole assembly is completely interchangeable between the vixen and the exocet 200.Just 2 bolts.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Carved tips are unobtainium, except for a few magicians down in Oz. I'd swap the out w/ mag tip and not worry about the fwd limb pockets in riser. Their value wil rise if they're on a shelf and eventually get splinters if on bow..
"Eze 18:21"
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

The older vixens have a better feel i think because the fore stock is smaller than all the newer Excaliburs, i have an older Vixen delux .
"DON'T BE SCARED JUST GET A BOO"
PREMIUM CROSSBOW STRINGS
Bohning Blazer Vanes Rock
the elf

Post by the elf »

Thank you for your information and replies. What I am thinking of doing is taking the carved tip assembly off and using that setup as an emergency spare setup and using my magtip limbs setup as a replacement for them. 2 bolt switch.
What could be simpler ? My wife just shakes her head and rolls her eyes.