axiom

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

snapperdan

axiom

Post by snapperdan »

got to do some shootin with my wifes new axiom today!!! She was at work : Man that thing is goin to be akillin machine!! I shot 20 30 and 40 yds it shoots as good as my equinox. i used the diamonds in the scope. But i have a question the 25 and 35 yard shots are strange at 25 yds the crosshair that is zero at 20 shoots very low! and the 30 yard diamond shoots very hi when shot at 20!! i know the arrow arks but i did not think 5 yards would make that much diff. Im just used to my eq!! would lile some input !! I know that Boo and cosack are experts on this type of thing.I would like to hear from you guys!!! thanks
exocet 200
equinox
ground pounder mounts
bar 338 win mag
browning auto 5
GooGoos

Re: axiom

Post by GooGoos »

I have the axiom myself and it is dead on at 20 && 30 yds. I haven't shot it at 25 && 35 yet. Didn't think their would be that much of drop with a 5yd differnce.
*PRETTY IN PINK, DEADLY IN CAMO!

*In the fall I get to kill em in the rut, but in the spring I get to watch em strut.
*You can take the girl outta woods, but you can't take the addiction outta the girl!
*Can't kill anything sitting on the couch.
snapperdan

Post by snapperdan »

I did not think so eather but give it a try and let me know how it comes out!! i was shocked!!!
exocet 200
equinox
ground pounder mounts
bar 338 win mag
browning auto 5
Boo

Post by Boo »

I think that if you shoot at 20, 25 and 30 yards using the crosshairs at all distances it will tell you your answer.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
new2xbow

Post by new2xbow »

I found out on accident that you have about 6 to 8 inch POI difference at various yardages.

30 yards using 20 yd crosshair hits 6 low
20 yards using 30 chevron 7 high

and so on.

One thing that i had to do was train myself to use the point of the chevron not the chevron itself, this is a little harder when trying to guesstimate halfway point for those 25 and 35 yard shots.
Tony K.
Stokes County, NC
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
X-act 100gr

http://www.NCGunRights.com - "Gun laws only limit the law abiding!"