Hip Quiver?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Time-N-Flight

Hip Quiver?

Post by Time-N-Flight »

Im just not thrilled with the Bow Mounted Quiver on my Equinox,and have decided to just use the Quiver loose in my Alice pack,that I intend to carry with me while hunting.I figured that I could lash it to the Tree ,once I reach Hunting height.Do any of you opt for a Non Bow mounted quiver while hunting?I have a Hip Quiver somewhere,just have to find it,but it would be just as easy to carry it,in my pack.

Feeling better every day, from my Heart Attack,and I think that I'll be ready once the season rolls in on Oct 1st.

Good Luck to all, and Be Safe!
Excalibur Equinox
GT Laser III
Hawke XB-30
Slick Tricks
UTG Law Inforcement Rings
Munch Mount
deerhunter0430

Re: Hip Quiver?

Post by deerhunter0430 »

i use the bow mount BUT glad to hear your feeling better !!! :D :D .Where are you from in NE pa ???
2010 equinox,groundpounder,boo string.S5,100 gr grim reapers
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've been using a hip quiver for years.
Used it when I hunted with a longbow & recurve, so when I switched to a crossbow I stuck with the hip quiver. When I reach back I know the first two arrows are for practice/small game (blunts) and the back four have broadheads. That system has worked for me for decades. :lol:
wabi
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I use the mount quiver, but, I tie it to my waist using the strap to the fanny pack in which I carry my food supplies. I don't care to have the weight on my bow either. I take it off when I take a seat and lay it on the ground beside me.

Works just fine. Haven't lost an arrow in the four or five seasons I've been doing it that way. I push it toward my back so it doesn't hinder me while walking through the woods.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Thats all I used. Was tired of losing arrows with old excal quiver. new one is much better - bought one and installed it into a hip quiver - best of both world now.

F
Time-N-Flight

Post by Time-N-Flight »

deerhunter0430 Im in Lycoming County.Muncy,Pa
Excalibur Equinox
GT Laser III
Hawke XB-30
Slick Tricks
UTG Law Inforcement Rings
Munch Mount
rayman

Post by rayman »

Brand new to crossbows, but have used nothing but a hip quiver for many years while bow hunting or practicing. Can't stand a bow mounted quiver. My buddies always got a kick out of it when I was doing 3d shoots. When hunting, I just carry it in my hand to the stand and then clip it somewhere behind my left arm. Bought a new one at Walmart the other day for about $10.
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

I use shooting sticks so the bow mount quiver got in the way!!! So i took it off and mounted it to the straps on my fanny packs.! works great for me.!!!! :) Then when i get in my tree stand and hang my fanny pack they are handy to get to.;;; Welcome to the forum. :D :D

papa bear1 :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Dash

Post by Dash »

I prefer the excal quiver clipped to the waist if stalking, or clipped to the inside of a blind if sitting it out.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I use a top mounted quiver bracket from munch. I like it better with the quiver mounted up top. Sometimes I take it off the bow when I'm in my stand but usually I just leave it attached to the bow. I take it off when practicing and use a hip quiver then.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads