A great few days of Ontario bear hunting..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

perrysbirds

A great few days of Ontario bear hunting..

Post by perrysbirds »

Well I must say that its been a very good week of bear hunting and the weather and all was just great...
I saw four different bears from Thursday til Sunday...all at the same bait...
Thursday I passed up a tiny guy in the morning and I also saw a bigger one that must have got wind of me because he didnt come in and just turned around and took off back in the woods..
Saturday evening was probably my best time ever sitting in a tree.I got in the stand in the evening and at about 6:30 7:00 I see a bear coming right to the bait,this bear im guessing was about 150-160lbs and he stayed til right til dark..it was so tempting to pull the trigger on the exomax but I didnt and right at dark I decided I will talk to this bear to get him to move off the barrell so I say to the bear"Its time to go bud I need to go home" and he ignores me and then when I stand up in the climber he looks up at me and bolts back into the bush and I could here him going up a tree,,and he got up there fast
It was quite the experience I must say...so anyways he wasnt the one I wanted and I didnt take him...
Sunday evening I take a friend who I have known since we were kids to that bait to see if he could kill one...
I go up the tree in my climber first and my friend comes up in his behind me...At 6:45 directly in front of us here a bear comes and I hear my friends breathing getting louder the bear is out at the barrell for about 3 mins Im guessing before he presents a good shot and my friend did exactly that...He goes about 10 yards and the death moan is on...
We figure its a 100-120lb bear..but he was pumped...
He took him with his 2007 Exomax using slick trick broadheads..
Im going back thursday with another friend to see if I can help him get his first bear,,,no big boys yet at the baits..
If im not out shooting deer.
Im home drinking beer!
2007 exomax
steve

Re: A great few days of Ontario bear hunting..

Post by steve »

Good to see you are having fun Perry, good luck to ya.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Thanks for sharing !
GooGoos

Post by GooGoos »

Awsome! Great job to the both of you! Good luck to you && your other friend getting a bear down. Don't worry, them big un's will be there soon enough.
*PRETTY IN PINK, DEADLY IN CAMO!

*In the fall I get to kill em in the rut, but in the spring I get to watch em strut.
*You can take the girl outta woods, but you can't take the addiction outta the girl!
*Can't kill anything sitting on the couch.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Great hunt there guys. Congrats to you. :)
Good luck on Thursday as well.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads