Canned hunts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vh64

Re: Canned hunts

Post by vh64 »

I agree with you hank it seems money is starting to affect even our governments decisions on hunting more and more also.
Love my VORTEX !!!!!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

It's a bummer to here that this kind of "hunting" is going on. You can't really call it hunting! It's a shame these people would run their hunting operations this way. Anything to make a buck. :(
Last edited by j.krug on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

Yeah thats just pure Killing no hunting involved. I heard a few years ago i heard about an outfit that was doing remote hunting from the comfort of your home, you could logon the website & control rifles remotely from your computer & kill animals.I believe they put a stop to that outfit.
Last edited by Louvp on Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

heres the story about remote hunting
www.outdoorlife.com/articles/mike-schob ... ol-hunting
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
wabi

Post by wabi »

In some cases the canned hunt is the way to go.

For example, we have a "hunting preserve" located in our county. A friend who works there as a "guide" occasionally told me the story of a wealthy client who "hunted" there for a week to get his trophies.
He arrived at camp with a very nice looking lady "friend", and proceeded to his cabin. He then rushed to get started hunting, and quickly killed a few animals. He asked they be cleaned by the staff and the meat be packaged and the hides be sent to the taxidermist ASAP.
He then returned to his cabin and spent the next several days in seclusion with his lady friend.
After his "hunt" he was able to have the trophies/meat shipped home, where he returned (without his lady friend) to tell his WIFE of the long difficult hunts to get the meat & trophies (to prove he had indeed been hunting). :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

Fair Chase - no fences.

No matter how outfitters/landowners seek to justify penned domestics/exotics (how many of us have heard, "High fences are not to keep our deer in so much as it is to keep the other genetically inferior deer out") it is still a cage in the greater human zoo. If they use drugs in their feed or by direct injection (something I did not know they did) to keep their animals easily accessible for their patrons, it is no less shameful.

The fact is, if you are referred to as a "client" by the landowners, then chances are you are not hunting...because even they don't see you as a "hunter" - or they'd call you one in the first place.
wayne

Post by wayne »

Sad to say, but that's the future, more & more people "Want it now" & don't want to work for it, then brag about what great hunters they are, I think they have loss touch with whats important, or, lack the love of nature.
It's been going on more & more for years now, look at some of these pay to bird hunt operations, caged birds released the day of the shoot, most are EZ shooting. Hunting & fishing like everything else is changing.
It's about what, how many, how fast, you get it, not how you get it.
It's sad, but I think were going to see more & more of this type of shooting/killing, being called hunting & the more it's called hunting the more it will be the norm :( :( :( IMHO.
Vortex W/ Twilight DLX & Ibex W/ Lumi-Zone
Firebolt's & Carbon Express Maxima Hunters W/ 2" Blazer
Excalibur's X-act broadheads
Excal's Flemish Dyna-Flight string. Fer now

Wayne & Brenda
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well that was an eye opener. Its a sorry thing when money over-rides pride in real Hunting. Fer an operator to stoop low enuff to drug animals is sickning!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

What you have described would obviously be repulsive to real hunters. But just remember that what you saw was an animal rights propoganda video.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

ya know the funny thing is, that those DUMB animal wrong groups don't even do a thing on how they get there mickey D's cheeseburgers they eat :roll: ....i worked for a slaughter house for 4 hours ONE day till lunch time came around, then never went back after lunch....heck i didn't even go back to get my 4 hour pay check :oops: ....the animals US REAL hunters hunt have it way better then slaughter house cattle have it....the way they just stun the cattle before slaughter was a real eye opener for me :shock: ....they used like a starter pistol that shot blanks pointed at there temple that gave the cattle a concussion type blow to just knock them out....then used chains to hoist them up in the air by there hind legs where they were gutted while still alive....the guy doing that said watch this as he pulled the heart out still beating in his hand, then said "isn't that just too cool" :shock: ....that's why i never went back after lunch, even to get my 4 hour pay at 3.80 an hour....but you never see those slaughter house's being exposed by THOSE DUMB ASS ANIMAL left WING NUT WRONG MORON's....those animal idiots don't, er can't even phathom what will happen in just one year after any or all hunting is stopped by there BM movements....i read bout a study that was done on deer reproduction, where they took 3 doe and 3 buck put them in a pen that was 500 acres....not sure how many years it was studied, but there were over 360 deer in that pen in no time....the pen was erected and they made sure there were no deer in it before the 6 went in it....now can you imagine what my state of PA would have deer wise with an estimated 700,000 to 1 million deer herd :shock: :shock: :shock: in just one year of no hunting....not to think bout small game animals and bear, starvation and disease would run outta control and would effect the human population shortly afterwards :( ....but these animal rights idiot's would feel much better that they got there no hunting goal done without the thought common folks have bout what would really happen....sorry for the long rant but these idiots should have a hunting seaon for them :lol: ...........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

bob1961 wrote:....sorry for the long rant but these idiots should have a hunting seaon for them :lol: ...........bob

X 2 !!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

Those operations described in the first post need to be exposed for what they are. It's all about the $$$ someone is willing to pay for an animal's head to put on a wall. I don't call those "trophies" because of the way they are obtained.
As for the high fence operations, there is one in Texas, has a very popular TV show and defends his high fence operation by how hard he and his wife had to work for what they have and they want to keep the deer on their property. That's fine but when you start selling "hunts" to shoot deer inside that fence, that ain't hunting!!! One of this shows sponsors is a deer "farm" that produces genetically engineered deer that are 200+ inches as a 2 year old and sells them for $50-75,000 to people who want to start there own high fence shooting operation. These are test tube freak deer that have nothing to do with true hunting. I do not watch that show!!!
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
rayman

Post by rayman »

Ninepoint has a very good point. We are all talking about a propoganda film and there are always at least 2 sides to a story. I do consulting work on a lot of all types of game ranches - what I do has very little to do with the hunting aspect though. I also do a very limited number of guided turkey hunts, which are absolutely 100% wild. Anyway, I know most of the tricks of the trade so to speak. Never heard of drugging though, except to give shots or collect seamen straws or something.

The fact is, people pay a lot of money to go on these hunts and they want instant gradification. It can represent a lot of investment to get set up for hunting with a land base, nice camp, insurance, etc. The owners want to do as many hunts as possible and they want the hunts to be successful so the clients will go back and tell there friends how great it was. Hunting wild animals can be very unpredictable, and it takes a lot of hard management to sustain a lot of trophy class animals on a property. It is much more efficient to release animals that in many cases are farm-raised. I'm not saying that I like it and think everyone should do it, I'm just giving the other side of the story.

If someone is going to pay money to go on a hunt, they should do enough research to know what kind of hunt they are going on.

Also, the PETA people should do a story on Markmarine's outlaws that are hunting with rifles during bow season and leave honest hard-working people alone.
da7703

Post by da7703 »

As has been said before, that ain't hunting..just killing.

One of the vids Excal has (sorry guys) is of a canned bear hunt. They just wait as the bears come and go until the one they want (big enough) comes in for the bait.

Lame. Only word I know, expletives excluded, that fits.
Deer & beer...that's why arrows and Hop Devil were made.
BigNasty

Post by BigNasty »

Last edited by BigNasty on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.