Anyone use Limb Savers?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Time-N-Flight

Anyone use Limb Savers?

Post by Time-N-Flight »

I have been debating as to wether to install a set of Limb Savers on my Nox, to make it a tad quieter.Im thinking about placing them in close to the Dissapator Pad's, only on the inside of the Limbs facing me.If anyone is shooting such a set up, what ,if you know,did you give up on the Speed end, and do you feel that you gained more than you might have loss on speed? Many Thanks!
Excalibur Equinox
GT Laser III
Hawke XB-30
Slick Tricks
UTG Law Inforcement Rings
Munch Mount
Rufus

Re: Anyone use Limb Savers?

Post by Rufus »

I use them and they do help you will lose no speed if you put them where you are going to , they are better about 4" out from there and i found i lost about 2fps speed. I can live with that i like a quiet bow even though it does not matter much.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Time-N-Flight, noise is a problem we all have to deal with on the xbow. Most is do to the fact your cheek is against the stock and you feel/hear more noise..

Simple cure is to get the S5 system and you will have the best in noise reduction(sp) and a great set of LIMB SAVERS in case of a dry fire.

Type in Limb Savers in search and you can read a lot about the pro and cons of other limb savers.

Good Hunting!
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I have em on close to the dis bars...mostly for looks I guess, as it doesn't do much for deadening sound. Found that having them out on the limbs doesn't do much either..... except slow the speed of the arrow
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Time-N-Flight

Post by Time-N-Flight »

Thanks for your input fellows.I was out expermenting this morning with my Nox.It seems the sound that Im wanting to eliminate is coming from the Foot Stirup! I shot several arrows with the Stirup attached, and then Cocked the Crossbow,and after applying the safety,removed the Stirup.The difference was quite obvious to my ears.Question now is,the Stirup is One piece,and would not allow you to slide a piece of Hose onto it,to cover up this Tuning Fork effect.Do they make Spray on Rubber in a Can? Anyone have a better way? To big and Bulky to dip it myself in the Liquid Rubber that is available.Thanks!
Excalibur Equinox
GT Laser III
Hawke XB-30
Slick Tricks
UTG Law Inforcement Rings
Munch Mount
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Cut two thin strips of entertube about 6" long and wrap them around both sides of the stirup they will work very well.