Bucks around my area disappeared...Hmm

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Re: Bucks around my area disappeared...Hmm

Post by wabi »

Here in Ohio they seem to be in small groups of similar age/size now.
The young ones stick together and the mature ones do the same it seems.
The acorns are also dropping, so patterns are changing because of it.
Haven't checked the established scrape & rub lines yet, but it's in my plans for the near future. :wink:
wabi
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

Auto, I'm in the Pgh area and found the bucks are still in the fringes. Most are out of velvet and they should be ready any day now to start making the rounds. Acouple of cool nights should do it. Nows the time to pattern the does and the boys won't be far behind but still on the edges until about the 3rd week of October then anything goes.
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

For the first time ever I was seeing more legal buck then does, till last week. 235 pics in a week, some turkeys, two buck and the rest were does. My camera is my eyes when I cant be there.
Crispy
masboy

Post by masboy »

Same here been hunting for a week in md. and not seen a buck yet just young deer and a few mature deer. a lot of acorns dropping and a lot of standing corn.no pawled up ground along edge under a ceader tree next to my stand.a first for that not to happen in years.most of the time my son or I see at least one buck almost everyday. a strang start so far.my son had like 10 different bucks on his trail cam a few weeks ago and put it away . My older son shot a 5 point the first day but my younger son that hunts with me has not seen any .we have months to hunt in md. So things have to get better.the first few days have been great in past but not this year so far.
rayman

Post by rayman »

The bucks behind my house disapear like that the night before rifle season starts. Have seen several bucks and 2 nice ones before bow season, hope to shishkabob at least one of the nice ones with my new Axiom. Have to work this weekend, maybe next week.
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

Y'all know deer have calendars with the start of hunting season circled just like we do!! :D
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Around here, you need to put your camera under a white oak tree to get any pics. That's what they are eating now. Gary