Nicknames

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LongCarbine

Re: Nicknames

Post by LongCarbine »

One of my sons favorite books , The last of the Mohicans main person is Natty Bumppo, One of his nicknames is Longcarbine. It's better than Natty.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

"Maga Waya" is the name I am called by my Cherokee woman. It translates into Mark Wolf. My nickname in the Marines was "Cherry Boy" because I had just turned 17 when I entered and was the youngest Marine about everywhere I went. Of course, I used that name to good effect in the villages on my first tour 8) Now, those who know me call me Maga as any semblence of boy died in me long ago lol
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

My nickname is also my last name "Boomer". It helps to have a built in nickname. People will ask me how I got my nickname Boomer, when I tell them it's my last name I usually have to show them my driver's licence.
ottawacats

Post by ottawacats »

Well I use this screenname on the sites I belong to. I just took the city I live in "Ottawa" and the type of snowmobile I have always riden "Arctic Cat" and came up with Ottawacats.

matt
frisky

Post by frisky »

I really don't have a nick name. I just use the name of the guy in my avatar........frisky :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

When I was a boy, my favorite show was "The Life & Times of Grizzly Adams".

My peers at school discovered this, and my real name is Adam, so you can guess the rest easily enough:

Grizzly Adam I became.

And Grizzly Adam I remain! :D

I wanted to be a mountain man back then.

Sometimes I still do.

Are they taking applications for that position? :?: :P
Grizz
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well the only 2 ppl that call me this are the same one's who gave it to me. It maybe a nickname but i don't actually care fer it. My Mother inlaw called me a$$hole everytime i came over to see my now wife of more than a qtr century! :(
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
ElmerFudd

Post by ElmerFudd »

For me Elmer Fudd came from the days when Citizens Band radio was the rage. Everyone had a Handle, and even after being a Ham Operator when I was a teenager the first time I keyed the mic things just didn't work out. Started stuttering and couldn't really say sh-t. Got a quick come back from a cousin and he said YOUR HANDLE is gonna be Elmer Fudd. Has stuck since.
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
Rage for crossbow 125 grain
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Elmer Fudd wrote:.....Started stuttering and couldn't really say sh-t. Got a quick come back from a cousin and he said YOUR HANDLE is gonna be Elmer Fudd. Has stuck since.
Actually, although Elmer Fudd has a speech impediment. He doesn't lisp, stammer, or stutter. HIs affliction is called speech/verbal dyspraxia or apraxia.

Thank God your cousin wasn't a Looney Tunes fan, otherwise he would have known that it was Porky Pig that studdered, not Elmer Fudd.

Can you imagine being call "Porky Pig" :lol:

As for me, I don't actually have a nickname, I just chose ComfyBear, because I believe there's no place like home. That's where I prefer to be, just like a bear in his den.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
ElmerFudd

Post by ElmerFudd »

ComfyBear, the worst thing that I can think of being called is--- To Late For Dinner. :lol: :lol:
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
Rage for crossbow 125 grain
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

My name is Barry James and growing up,people just called me "bear"; when I got married (32 years ago ) and my daughters came along I picked up the "pappabear" and has hung on for over 25 years now.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Hoss........well my real name is Lynn...so that explains it.My mom I tell you I asked her "Mom why Lynn?" she replied that she wanted everyone in our family to start with a L..geez my sis was LeAnn, my dad was Leon, mom was LouAnn.I said why not Larry or Leonard, or luscious heck that what the girls called me. :shock: . :lol: , or anything but Lynn..Its been like a boy named sue thang for years Anyways....I went into the USMC right out of high school.. 6'1 and wieghing 225 then----> about 250 now..( I toned up a bit) :roll: ...Well when I got put into my FMF unit Weapons Co I was introducing myself to some of my new buds and one said "LYNN" Big ole redneck from Oklahoma "LYNN" NO! your Hoss now...so it stuck...My dad always called me moose and I told the that moose was what folks at home called me but they already had a moose so it was Hoss...so there ya go.....
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

bugs wrote:Boy Hoss that was mean of your Mom :lol: :lol: If I was a boy my Mom planned on naming me Paris!!! Thank god I was born a girl. One night when I was younger I met a guy with some of my friends and he introduced himself as Paris and I couldnt stop laughing.

YES she was brutal..I have to admit Paris for a guy would have been worse...
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!