Nicknames

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowholic

Re: Nicknames

Post by xbowholic »

My name is Barry James and growing up,people just called me "bear"; when I got married (32 years ago ) and my daughters came along I picked up the "pappabear" and has hung on for over 25 years now.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Hoss........well my real name is Lynn...so that explains it.My mom I tell you I asked her "Mom why Lynn?" she replied that she wanted everyone in our family to start with a L..geez my sis was LeAnn, my dad was Leon, mom was LouAnn.I said why not Larry or Leonard, or luscious heck that what the girls called me. :shock: . :lol: , or anything but Lynn..Its been like a boy named sue thang for years Anyways....I went into the USMC right out of high school.. 6'1 and wieghing 225 then----> about 250 now..( I toned up a bit) :roll: ...Well when I got put into my FMF unit Weapons Co I was introducing myself to some of my new buds and one said "LYNN" Big ole redneck from Oklahoma "LYNN" NO! your Hoss now...so it stuck...My dad always called me moose and I told the that moose was what folks at home called me but they already had a moose so it was Hoss...so there ya go.....
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

bugs wrote:Boy Hoss that was mean of your Mom :lol: :lol: If I was a boy my Mom planned on naming me Paris!!! Thank god I was born a girl. One night when I was younger I met a guy with some of my friends and he introduced himself as Paris and I couldnt stop laughing.

YES she was brutal..I have to admit Paris for a guy would have been worse...
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!