Learned something new today.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

theoldarcher

Learned something new today.

Post by theoldarcher »

I learned something new today, my laser range finder doesn't work worth spit in a light fog. :shock: I cahnged strings on my Phoenix last night and went outside this morning to make sure that it was still hitting point of aim. I set the target up at 10 yards and took a reading on my range finder. After seeing that it hit pretty close I moved the target to 25 yards and took a reading, it worked fine and displayed the 25 yard range. As I was shooting 25 yards a light (very light) ground fog rolled in. When I tried to range my 30 yard target the display was there but it would not read my yardage. :shock: :x I tried various ranges but no yardage would come up. Thinking my battery had crapped out I went inside and changed it...zip, nada, nothing. :roll: I gathered all my stuff up thinking my range finder had crapped out and went inside. Just for giggles I ranged from my computer desk to the back bedroom door, 15 yards. I tried it again and again the display ranged 15 yards. Back outside nothing, not even at 10 yards. Going to let the ground fog burn off and try it again. :oops:
GooGoos

Re: Learned something new today.

Post by GooGoos »

Dang that sucks. I hope you get it figured out soon.
*PRETTY IN PINK, DEADLY IN CAMO!

*In the fall I get to kill em in the rut, but in the spring I get to watch em strut.
*You can take the girl outta woods, but you can't take the addiction outta the girl!
*Can't kill anything sitting on the couch.
theoldarcher

Re: Learned something new today.

Post by theoldarcher »

GooGoos wrote:Dang that sucks. I hope you get it figured out soon.
Thanks Sabrina I think after this ground fog burns off it will work right. Hope you're doing better.