Other outdoors pursuits...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hoss

Re: Other outdoors pursuits...

Post by Hoss »

Anything that takes me outdoors...I love to deer hunt obviously and thats a good long season..Fishn,Frogn,pheasent hunting, deer shed hunting,noodlin, trot lines jug lines,snagn, mushrooms in the spring,girls oh wait no dont do that anymore. :roll: .lol..I do treasure hunt as well. Im like Googoo I hate being in the house couped up..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Huntin,fishin,canoein,bikkin,bbqin!! :D
And cookin outdoors!!
The best things in life are not things!!
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Pretty much anything outdoors. Of course, I love to deer hunt, duck hunt, and hunt small game.

I also love to chase this critters all year long...

Trapping, a little metal detecting and just wondering around seeing what's over the next hill are high on my favorite things to do list.

Recently, I started doing something I've been wanting to do for 10 years, make knives.

My Wife asked me why I can't pick hobbies that aren't so costly to get involved in! :D
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

To walk into the wilds where no man has gone before. To lose myself in the outdoors both within and without. To forget the bills, the indebtedness, the responsibilities...forget it all and just "be". Oh, and then to wake up to my Cherokee wife frying fish up over the fire freshly caught. Her oneness with nature compliments my own. The only difference is, she only shoots with a camera - I use the rifle and bow (I suck at picture taking anyway!)
rayman

Post by rayman »

When I was growing up we would take a cooker to the river, catch some fish, and fry them with french fries. Usually bring some cole slaw and pickles or something. The place we went to do it is now a park and you can't go there anymore. It's too easy to get caught up in the competition aspect of fishing and loose the relaxation and/or family oriented aspect. Very few of these kids today are exposed to that type of stuff.
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

I really don't have any other interest other than hunting and fishing; I do gun hunt some but not near as much as crossbow hunt; I average over 100 days out hunting during deer season and over 40 days spring turkey hunting; alot of fishing for bream, crappie, and trout; don't throw nothing back as I depend on my outdoor hunting/fishing for all of my meat;

Has anyone notice lately the recalls they are having on beef and other meats? this "junk" people are buying at the grocery stores is the worse that I've ever seen; I rely fully on my caught fish and kills of deer and other animals for my nourishment;
rayman

Post by rayman »

My wife bought a prime rib for Xmas last year from a major chain grocery store and it wasn't fit to eat. Fed the left overs to the dogs. Mostly eat deer meat (cube steak, hamburger, or sausage) or fish we caught. Occasional steak, ribs, or salmon from the store.