Plano 1133 Manta Crossbow Case

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

Plano 1133 Manta Crossbow Case

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
Just a little information about the Plano 1133 Manta Crossbow Case. For those of you that have a Munch Mount and was wondering if your crossbow would fit in the case. I took my Equinox into the Canadian Tire Store here in Yarmouth yesterday to try the case for fit with a Munch Mount, it fit and closed all the way with no problem. Didn't know if this was checked on and posted before or not.
There was only one left in the store and my wife knew I wanted one. Even though I only wanted to find out for sure if they would worked with Munch Mounts one has been put on the stores lay-away plan for a Christmas gift. My wife is such a sweet heart. These cases retail for $119.00 plus tax here in Yarmouth, what is the price in your area?
Raymond
Raymond

Re: Plano 1133 Manta Crossbow Case

Post by Raymond »

BTT
snapperdan

Post by snapperdan »

Got 2 at basspro in aug for 79.00 each on sale!!! :shock:
exocet 200
equinox
ground pounder mounts
bar 338 win mag
browning auto 5
Wknwrur

Post by Wknwrur »

Although I already have both Excalibur's heavy and light fabric cases, a sale at LeBaron prompted me to get a Manta case for $90. It fits my Vixen strung and unstrung, with a Varizone scope installed and had ample room for a bolt case too. As others have already reported, this unit is bulky and heavy!! Luckily, in testing the empty case for handling purposes, a part in the shoulder strap broke, and the case fell to the floor. The round plastic collar that allows the attaching clip to swivel around had split under the weight of the EMPTY case. Calling Plano's customer service resulted in their taking my report to check this part, and they sent me a new shoulder strap. Good PR on their part :D . But, I still put on 2 extra carabiners on the new shoulder strap, just in case !!!
Follow Bill's quote: 'Always hit yer target'
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Wknwrur wrote:Although I already have both Excalibur's heavy and light fabric cases, a sale at LeBaron prompted me to get a Manta case for $90. It fits my Vixen strung and unstrung, with a Varizone scope installed and had ample room for a bolt case too. As others have already reported, this unit is bulky and heavy!! Luckily, in testing the empty case for handling purposes, a part in the shoulder strap broke, and the case fell to the floor. The round plastic collar that allows the attaching clip to swivel around had split under the weight of the EMPTY case. Calling Plano's customer service resulted in their taking my report to check this part, and they sent me a new shoulder strap. Good PR on their part :D . But, I still put on 2 extra carabiners on the new shoulder strap, just in case !!!
I had a similar problem with the Deluxe Excalibur Crossbow Case. My crossbow was in the case and the same part as you are talking about was what broke on the Excalibur case. It broke as I was swinging the case up on my shoulder and away went my case with my Excalibur inside it. Nothing else was damage except for the swivel clip so I just removed that one and salvage the same kind from a shoulder bag that I had in my house. These clips are used on many different bags, back packs, etc... I already knew that this case was designed to fit an Excalibur crossbow. But, what I was wondering was if an Excalibur Crossbow would fit and close properly if it had a Much Mount attached to the topside of the crossbow. And I found that it would close properly with a Munch Mount attached on the topside of the Crossbow. That was really pleasing to me when I discovered that.
Raymond
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Been kicking around the thought of getting one of these cases. Saw one at the CT in Windsor for $119. There's a couple other things I need to get first so maybe if it's still there in a few weeks I'll pick one up??
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
JB2010

Post by JB2010 »

I just bought the case last week at Academy sports for $84.00. I have the groundpounder mount and varizone on mine. I can leave the mount on but I fasten my quiver in the accessory straps on the side. The lid will not close with the quiver on.
Matrix 380
Nikon 3-9x40 with HHA Optimizer.
Deluxe Munch Mount
FIREBOLTS W/BRASS INSERTS, LUMENOCKS
100gr GRIM REAPERS 1 3/4 cut
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Neither will mine. I just remove the quiver and then I am ready to close the case.
Works great, hurry up Santa Claus, :) .
Raymond