Equinox Bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Chris Dillard

Re: Equinox Bolts

Post by Chris Dillard »

Boomer
I ran into a similiar problem a few years ago with my Exomax, Flemish String, GTII arrows and 100 grain Thunderheads. Seemed like my arrows wanted to follow along the grain in muscle tissue/bone. I switched to the Firebolts and the Muzzy 145 grain "Dangerous Game Head". The results were devastating to say the least my deer now typically look like they been hit with a 12 ga. slug and I get direct pass thrus no matter the angle or what bone is hit. Good luck buddy :!:
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax
bowhunter1

Post by bowhunter1 »

hey boomer i am shooting the equniox with the firebolts 100 gr. spitfire maxx and blow thru deer at 45 yds no problem. on that 8 point you speak of a more careful tacking job would have solved that problem. you said it was good blood and went in about 6 inches thats hitting the oppsite shoulder, and there is nothing wrong with that. think about about how wide the chest cavity is and what 6' of penatration would have tore up.. that deer backtracked on the trail and messed ya up thats all. to have the bolt or arrow hanging out the side of the deer is awsome. it means all your bolts energy was used in the target and it makes it almost imposible to stop the bleeding. :twisted:
Wildlife Control

Post by Wildlife Control »

Get so some Gold Tip Laser II brass inserts and some Goat Tuff GT Impact glue. Install the inserts in your FIrebolts and let the big dog eat.
Florida Nuisance Wildlife Trapper

Excalibur Equinox
Easton Firebolts Brass Inserts
NAP Spitfires

Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's MUCH more important than that.
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

i am new also but i dont think its your arrows i have a hard time stopping mine out of my exomax .the only thing i shot with mine so far was a turkey and i will say that is nothing like a deer i know but after it went trough the turkey at 25 yards the arrow skipped and skidded all the way and stuck in a slate pile about 4 to 6 inches deep about 50 to 75 yards away at the bottom of a high wall on a strip mine.i thought it would be trash for sure but new blades and a bath looks like brand new.those boltcutters are one tough B.H.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Look at your limbs with no string on it. If they have a forward attitude the limbs are likely not an issue. I have to guess that if your brace height is between the 2 brace height marks or anywhere near the top mark the issue will not lay within the bow. An arrow that does not enter it's intended target straight will penetrate very poorly. How is your accuracy with broadheads at 40 and 50 yards? Considering that a 40 lb recurve will zip through a deer at normal ranges with the right equipment something very stupid is happening here.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

At 40 yds they shoot the slick tricks the same as field points. I do not practice at 50 yds. I would not shoot at a deer much over 40. I talked with a fella at the Bow Shop in Waterloo and he said that the firebolts are too light. He said to either add brass inserts or a heavier bolt. I have purchase a dozon new 2219 AL. xx75. I will report back on how they work. I appreciate everyones help. I don't post much on here but I read daily (most days a few times). This forum is a great resource for anyone with a passion for hunting. Good luck to all.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Boomer wrote:At 40 yds they shoot the slick tricks the same as field points. I do not practice at 50 yds. I would not shoot at a deer much over 40. I talked with a fella at the Bow Shop in Waterloo and he said that the firebolts are too light. He said to either add brass inserts or a heavier bolt. I have purchase a dozon new 2219 AL. xx75. I will report back on how they work. I appreciate everyones help. I don't post much on here but I read daily (most days a few times). This forum is a great resource for anyone with a passion for hunting. Good luck to all.

I shoot 350gr sticks, I can shoot 50yds all day long, I also know I will get a pass thru with my set-up, shot placement is the key no matter what stick you shot.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
kenv50

Post by kenv50 »

I am shooting a new Equinox with the factory string - Lumenok Firebolts and Xact 100 grain mechnicals. I have made three shots this year. Distances were 36, 26, and 38 yards. all pass throughs on one Spike and two does. No complaints.

I did chronograph the Firebolt.Lumenok/X-Act set up at 334 fps. Additionally I chronographed my Carbon Express Maxima Hunter KV with 100 gr X-Act but no lumenoks at 324 fps. Only the Firebolts were used on deer.

KenV
Kenv50
X-Long Bow shooter
New Equinox owner