Where are the deer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

koko

Where are the deer

Post by koko »

The buck part of the archery season started on Saturday. I have been out for 3 nights and I haven't seen anything but squirrels. I think the PGC did to good of a job thinning the herd.
2010 Equinox
Boo string with cat whiskers
camo munchmount
Big John GT III arrows
with 100 grain 3 blade meat seekers
wabi

Re: Where are the deer

Post by wabi »

This time of year it can be very hard to see/pattern bucks here.
Some are still hanging together in small groups, but others are starting to split up for the rut. Not into pre-rut activity yet, but getting out of early season social groups and the patterns they've followed all summer are changing quickly.
wabi
Time-N-Flight

Post by Time-N-Flight »

Same here.Have not seen a deer since the opener.Turkeys and Squirrels thats it.Happens every year at this time.Very few deer in the fields also.White Oaks are dropping now, and they are hanging back from the crops in my area.Im going to switch it up, and hunt the Whites for awhile.Good Luck!
Excalibur Equinox
GT Laser III
Hawke XB-30
Slick Tricks
UTG Law Inforcement Rings
Munch Mount
GooGoos

Post by GooGoos »

Stick with it guys. It will happen soon enough!
*PRETTY IN PINK, DEADLY IN CAMO!

*In the fall I get to kill em in the rut, but in the spring I get to watch em strut.
*You can take the girl outta woods, but you can't take the addiction outta the girl!
*Can't kill anything sitting on the couch.
killshot

Post by killshot »

i am traveling for work, so they are probably right under my stand :roll:
2008 Vortex 200
Vari-zone Scope
150 Grain Boltcutters
NGSS
da7703

Post by da7703 »

Y'all should come to Bucks County...
Deer & beer...that's why arrows and Hop Devil were made.
masboy

Post by masboy »

Been the same here havn,t seen much sign or any bucks just a few doe and a lot of young deer . Most years I see a lot of deer early in the morning on the drive too where I hunt but have not see a deer for two weeks on the morning or return trip till yesterday. Seen some nice deer from stand last night just nothing I wanted too shoot yet.things are changing now thow seen a nice buck And four doe on the drive too where I hunt this morning. also seen 7 doe and a nice little buck from my morning stand and some nice rubs on some trees in front of my stand.can,t wait too get back in my stands it,s just a matter of time till my rage will fly .
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

MOSQUITO'S are eaten mine up :lol: with all the rain that we had here they are nasty, when you whack them they crunch, reminds me of another time and place, I'm seeing a few deer it will change for everyone soon.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
koko

Post by koko »

It is getting warmer here in PA and you are right the mosquitoes are coming out. The last 3 times I have been out, they have been buzzing around. They want it to go up to around 80 degrees on Sunday. I don't have any camo shorts. I still haven't seen a deer in the woods after 5 times out. Tonight it was no squirrels, just 2 chipmunks and a groundhog. I couldn't have shot any of them either. I have some scrapes and some rubs, I just don't have any deer. I have been at 3 different places so far.
2010 Equinox
camo munchmount
Big John GT III arrows
koko

Post by koko »

Update:
Out every evening total 11 times saw deer 3 times, all doe 5,2,1 all I want to shoot is 1 buck. Where does everybody see all the deer. I know it is not where I hunt. 5 different tree stands in 3 different woods. I have one tree stand yet that I haven't been in. Every year it is getting worse for me. The cameras were out all year and the biggest buck on them was a 5 pointer and than a 1 horn 4 pointer, nothing big. The cameras are not patterning anything morning or evening. I don't know where to sit next.
2010 Equinox
camo munchmount
Big John GT III arrows
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

That sounds like hunting in my place. Stick with it man, things are about to heat up and you will start to see the travellers. Especially if you have the does!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
koko

Post by koko »

That is about the only help I an going to get. Early November, the last 2 weeks of the archery season when the rut kicks in and the buck start moving around.
2010 Equinox
camo munchmount
Big John GT III arrows
wabi

Post by wabi »

Checked some scrapes this week here in southern Ohio. They had very faint scratch marks from antlers and every one had fresh droppings in them.
The temperatures are supposed to drop a good bit next week, so I'm hoping the bucks will move more and extend their hours a bit. Been getting a few nocturnal pics at my feeder, but few daytime appearances.
Seem like it's about the time of year when they will start getting interested in does at the feeder & food plot and make a few daytime visits.

Edited to add:
Got me thinking about the buck I shot last year. It was one of the first times that fall they (a group of 3 bucks) had shown up at the food plot to check things out during legal hunting hours. I checked the date on the picture of the buck - October 11.
wabi
dork

Post by dork »

ive been out 4 times..with corn still up and it being a pre rut they really have not much of a reason to travel around..its been raining and windy that takes there sences and i find will cause them to lay down alot more..just my thoughts..good luck stay pateint
frisky

Post by frisky »

Here in Wisconsin , our season opened on Sept 17. Being semi retired I get out most every day, weather permitting. I have seen 2 doe only. I am not impressed. :x
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting