love the woods...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowrook

love the woods...

Post by xbowrook »

went out from 9:30am - 1:30pm and although i only saw about a half dozen squirrels, i had a great time! we all know that hearing deer walking, snapping twigs in the cold early morning frost is one of the finest sounds in the world to us deer hunters , but whether you get/see something or not, the absolute first time in stand for the season has got to be the best feeling... it was just great to sit and listen and watch the woods, reminds me exactly why i love this past time so much, i can reflect on my life, my wife and 3 wonderful kids all the while thinking of a big doe or buck that will eventually walk my way.. gotta love it boys, it keeps the old heart pumpin... :D
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
MarkMarine

Re: love the woods...

Post by MarkMarine »

I second that emotion :)
deerhunter0430

Post by deerhunter0430 »

MarkMarine wrote:I second that emotion :)
I third it !!!!
2010 equinox,groundpounder,boo string.S5,100 gr grim reapers
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Thats what its all about. :D
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I couldn't agree more!! I like to put meat in the freezer but just getting out in the woods is good for the soul. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
wabi

Post by wabi »

I think what amazes me most is all the noise the songbirds, squirrels, and chipmunks make, then suddenly and silently a deer will appear.
wabi
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

I too enjoy just sitting in the woods observing nature in action. One time I was sitting in a tree stand watching gray squirrels & all of a sudden a Hawk came down & grabbed a squirrel & carried him off into the air,the squirrel was going nuts & the Hawk got him about 150ft in the air when the squirrel broke free & fell to the ground.I couldnt see the squirrel when he hit the ground so I dont know if he survived.
Another time I was watching small buck harassing a doe just before peak rut,the doe finally had enough & stood on her back legs & kicked him in the head,that was kinda funny to watch.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

wabi wrote:I think what amazes me most is all the noise the songbirds, squirrels, and chipmunks make, then suddenly and silently a deer will appear.
Thats true you if you pay attention to the sounds of the forrest ,sometimes you can tell when deer are approaching, sometimes the Blue jays will start making a racket when the deer are coming. When it gets real quiet all of a sudden I start looking for a reason why everyone got quiet.Or if you have deer near you & they keep looking a one direction more deer could be approaching.I like when I have deer in front of me because they will let me know if something is coming from behind me by looking in that direction.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
rayman

Post by rayman »

xbowrook wrote:it was just great to sit and listen and watch the woods
Right on brother
GooGoos

Post by GooGoos »

Weather you see something or not, its still nice bein outdoors and enjoyin what mother nature has to offer. Seein a deer or hog just makes it all the better.
*PRETTY IN PINK, DEADLY IN CAMO!

*In the fall I get to kill em in the rut, but in the spring I get to watch em strut.
*You can take the girl outta woods, but you can't take the addiction outta the girl!
*Can't kill anything sitting on the couch.
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

Louvp wrote:I too enjoy just sitting in the woods observing nature in action. One time I was sitting in a tree stand watching gray squirrels & all of a sudden a Hawk came down & grabbed a squirrel & carried him off into the air,the squirrel was going nuts & the Hawk got him about 150ft in the air when the squirrel broke free & fell to the ground.I couldnt see the squirrel when he hit the ground so I dont know if he survived.
Another time I was watching small buck harassing a doe just before peak rut,the doe finally had enough & stood on her back legs & kicked him in the head,that was kinda funny to watch.
holy carp, me too!!!!!!!! i was watching this black squirrel run across a downed tree log with something in his mouth, i thought maybe a deer was coming and the squirrel was running along ahead of it... i watched for a second because it just stopped and froze in one spot, just as i'm turning my head slowly away i see a flash of white.. a big old red tail hawk swooped down and tried to grab it, made a heck of a crash against the frozen dried up leaves... the hawk took off and the squirrel emerged from the pile of leaves, minus a tail...lol
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
jody5050

Post by jody5050 »

absolutely! just to be out there, all your troubles can be put on the back burner for awhile, reassures you that life is truly wonderful...
exocet 200 easton power bolts tracer nocks 125gr magnus stingers bad river tagged-out fiber optic sight S5 system monkey tail string dampeners
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

jody5050 wrote:absolutely! just to be out there, all your troubles can be put on the back burner for awhile, reassures you that life is truly wonderful...
i much enjoy the company i take also.... for over 30 years my son has been the most wonderful thing that i experianced while hunting, next to the animals themselves.
watching him putting forth the efforts i taught him and being a great sportsman. now , i have the blessing to teach my grandkids the same priorities while ther dad is off playing war games for our country. maybe soon he will consider retirement, but i kinda doubt it... cuz he loves what he does and we are damn proud of him... but we miss him dearly !!!.......God be with him and all
that defend this nation. my grandkids and i, want to enjoy his company soon !!!!!!!!!! and so, it will be :mrgreen:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.