Letting it Down,with the Rope Cocker

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Time-N-Flight

Letting it Down,with the Rope Cocker

Post by Time-N-Flight »

Seems to do more damage to the Serving, than a good days shooting might do.I have been letting mine down with the aid, for only a short time, and the Gaps in the Serving is Terrible.I think that I would be better off, just firing into a target, when I return from the hunt.Your thoughts!
By the way, This is with using a Quality String!
Thanks
Excalibur Equinox
GT Laser III
Hawke XB-30
Slick Tricks
UTG Law Inforcement Rings
Munch Mount
the elf

Re: Letting it Down,with the Rope Cocker

Post by the elf »

There has to be something wrong somewhere. I have been using the cocking
aid method for years and on different models with absolutely no problems. I
have not noticed any extra wear on my servings. ????????
deerdhunter

Post by deerdhunter »

The more force you pull up with before releasing the trigger the less wear there will be.
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

the elf wrote:There has to be something wrong somewhere. I have been using the cocking
aid method for years and on different models with absolutely no problems. I
have not noticed any extra wear on my servings. ????????
I agree. I've had my Axiom for two years and this is how I release it. I've had the same string since the first of last season with no problems.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Sumpin jus ain't right! I have never shot any of my CB's through the yrs to let it down! From the 1st time it was rope cocker let down & no wear on any of my center servings & were talking over a decade +.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Time-N-Flight

Post by Time-N-Flight »

I think I figured it out.When I cock the bow, im pulling up fairly hard.The Gaps match the back of the Trigger Housing pretty closely.Im going to reserve tonight, and keep an eye on it,but I think that this is what caused it.
Excalibur Equinox
GT Laser III
Hawke XB-30
Slick Tricks
UTG Law Inforcement Rings
Munch Mount
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

i let mine down the first time yesterday and i seem to have the same problem.i shoot mine the rest of the time but it did seem to do more damage by letting it down.i am going to try to polish mine and see if that helps?
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

some thing is wrong guys I have decocked mine by cocking aid since day one and never experience a wear on the serving from it.just take the pressure and release the trigger no need to pull the string off the claw.

The over cocking can be an issue as the back of the opening for the string to engage the claw is sometimes very sharp.
Tenpoint Matrix
Wildlife Control

Post by Wildlife Control »

Had the same problem last year. I was using an Excalibur FFF string and the serving separated where the cocker hooks on. Ordered 2 more FFF strings and while breaking them in one of the new ones started to do the same thing even with plenty of twist in the string. I reserved both of them and didn't have any problems with the serving on either one after that. When I decock I don't take all the pressure off the trigger maybe half or so and no problems. Also got a new cocking rope and cut it to length so I only have to pull the string back about 1/2" to hook on. A slight pull on the right side then left side of the string will slide the hooks about a 1/4" or so away from the barrel allowing the bow to center up. Tap the hooks back against the barrel and then cock. Just a little ritual I go through when loading.....not sure if it helps with accuracy or not but it helps me feel more sure I'm cocking straight and even.
Florida Nuisance Wildlife Trapper

Excalibur Equinox
Easton Firebolts Brass Inserts
NAP Spitfires

Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's MUCH more important than that.