2 Hospitalized Fighting Over Dead Deer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OkXbowHunter

2 Hospitalized Fighting Over Dead Deer

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Man, you PA guys take your dead deer serious!!! :shock:

http://news.yahoo.com/2-hospitalized-fi ... 46703.html

(BTW, it really sucks not being able to post a link....)
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
MarkMarine

Re: 2 Hospitalized Fighting Over Dead Deer

Post by MarkMarine »

Why can't we post links? Do you not know the code for doing so? BTW, looks like the shooter came out on the short end of that one lol
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

that sure sucks man.. you know , i've always wondered how to handle a situation like that.. by law, you have to recover your game, but i also know if a landowner asks you to leave and you refuse, it's trespassing... how would you go about it? call the CO's and have them come to the property? i also believe it is law to tag your own deer that you harvest, you can't have someone else tag it for you?... hmmm, hope i never come across someone like that, seems like a lose-lose situation...
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

It is a tough position to find yourself in. Perhaps the only one who knows for sure is the actual shooter and God. However, given that the hunter took an azz-whipping, it is a safe bet to say he was the actual shooter as he deemed it something worth getting his azz kicked over.

Yet, the rights of the landowner reign supreme in this instance: the legal rights. The moral "right" is to allow that hunter to pursue and tag his animal IF HE IN FACT requested permission to do so.
rayman

Post by rayman »

MarkMarine wrote:Yet, the rights of the landowner reign supreme in this instance: the legal rights. The moral "right" is to allow that hunter to pursue and tag his animal IF HE IN FACT requested permission to do so.
As a landowner, you get tired of people trespassing but some become totally unreasonable. If somebody shot a deer and it ran onto my place, I'd let them get it but I'd do a little investigating of my own. If I found a stand on my side there would be trouble. Some people though are just natural born A-hoes about it. That being said, if someone doesn't want you coming on their property to get a deer that ran over there, you don't have the legal right to get it. Hopefully, if you called a deputy or game officer they could come talk some sence into the landowner.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Not alot of info in that article.

I have a property that I have permission on and I went to talk to the neighbour to see if a deer went on his property after the hit if I could retrieve it. He said no! After searching on the web I found out that in that event a C.O would have to get it. The landowner can claim it if its on his property, but has to utilize it...Thats the way it is in Ontario, it pissed me off at the time, but its law. After a CO knocks on the door and the landowner realizes that he has to gut a deer then the chances of the hunter getting permission increases :lol:

Now if we only had a CO in Southern Ontario... .
Last edited by one shot scott on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

Full moon brings out the crazies
http://www.wjactv.com/news/29443699/detail.html
BigNasty

Post by BigNasty »

Last edited by BigNasty on Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rayman

Post by rayman »

one shot scott wrote:Now if we only had a CO in Southern Ontario... .
You can have some of ours. The woods and creeks are full of them around here.
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

In Illinois, you can't track a wounded deer onto private property without permission. If the landowner wants to keep the deer, he can...game warden or not. As said above, the landowner would be required to process it and most won't...unless it has a big rack...then all bets are off. Gary
wabi

Post by wabi »

Best to do some talking to neighbors BEFORE it becomes an issue.
I have discussed the possibility with most landowners on properties surrounding the farm I hunt.
Not asking permission to hunt - just asking permission to trail & recover a deer in the unlikely event one crosses the property lines. So far the answer has always been "sure, no problem".
The one deer lost in the time I hunted the property was the landowner's deer. He shot a doe that crossed the neighbor's property and continued on to a nature preserve. We decided that it was probably a non-fatal (low brisket - probably a flesh wound) hit and decided to give up the trail at that point.
wabi
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Shotnbeer wrote:Full moon brings out the crazies
http://www.wjactv.com/news/29443699/detail.html
It ain't gotta be a full moon! They live among us daily and they vote! Image Image
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
jody5050

Post by jody5050 »

:evil: :twisted: thats my deer. touch it and you shall pay...ahhh-hahaha.... yes guys it is deer season in pa :roll: this happens every year, but this is the first i heard of it happening in archery season :shock: more than likely the pursurer did NOT ask permission to track the deer onto another property. good lord look out during rifle season :roll:
exocet 200 easton power bolts tracer nocks 125gr magnus stingers bad river tagged-out fiber optic sight S5 system monkey tail string dampeners
redmandant

Post by redmandant »

one shot scott wrote::

Now if we only had a CO in Southern Ontario... .
What wmu are you in, I may be able to pass on a phone # to you...
I know I can't spell but does it look like I CAIR!!!!!
Time-N-Flight

Post by Time-N-Flight »

Someone may recall around 10-12 years ago, a so called hunter(PA), shot another hunter in the shoulder,with a high power rifle, and took his deer over a squabble.Left the wounded man lie in the dirt, and drug off the bounty.SAD!
Nothing in this life would allow any sane individual to do anything like this! Bottom line to my way of thinking is, You just never know who you are arguing with, and how far he is willing to push it.I have never had anything close to this happening to me, but if I was placed in that situation, he can have it.
Excalibur Equinox
GT Laser III
Hawke XB-30
Slick Tricks
UTG Law Inforcement Rings
Munch Mount