Spitfire BH's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Spitfire BH's

Post by vixenmaster »

I use 100 & 125 gr 3 blades, i see many posts on the Forum of ppl having bad results. I can only go by the results i have witnessed 1st hand. I shot this Hog early this yr pass-through right side ribs out left leg at knuckle joint. Awshucks n Planter both saw the job it did. I have yet not to have a pass-through using them!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
georgiaboy

Re: Spitfire BH's

Post by georgiaboy »

I lost my deer this morning because of bad shot placement (my fault :oops: ) it had nothing to do with the spitfire. When i found my arrow the broadhead was fully deployed. I will continue to use them with confidence.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

That tree looks familiar! Where have we seen it before? :wink:

Sure wish you'd take a panorama pic behind the house, looks pretty good! Use to hunt the Ark Ozarks, sure miss sitting on top of those ridges and looking out across the World.

As for the Spitfires, I plan on trying them out soon. I'm currently using G5 Strykers, but the last Doe I killed had some meat stop up the hole and the blood trail fizzled out. Luckily, she fizzled out as well about the time the blood trail did!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I call'em as i see them, & i have taken some deer n the hog with spitfire BH's. Its tuff when anything plugs the hole or holes. Ppl make high hits & not much blood dribbles out til they fall down dead. Those who shoot from the ground have those problems alot. I may p some ppl off, but how in the Hell do you blame a BH if'en you ain't recovered the deer ? Also if'en you do recover the deer then at what pt did the BH fail after killin yer game ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
vh64

Post by vh64 »

I shot my first deer with 100 grain spitfires this year and was very pleased and impressed. I've used mechanicals for a long time now, my buddy shot one at a pretty steep angle ( why I don't know didn't ask) anyway the spitfire performed great no problems opening and doing it's job pretty much went through the whole animal and stuck in the ground. Most everything I hear about them is positive, I'm starting to see for myself why.
Love my VORTEX !!!!!
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

by far the best thing to put on tha sharp end of an arrow other thana big
hunk'a freezer meat 8) !!!
i believe in them.....they have done me well for 7 years since they first came available here.
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.