Need Luminok info...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

undertakerguy

Need Luminok info...

Post by undertakerguy »

I'm into my second season with my Vortex (love it!!!) I've dropped deer and turkey with it in the last year, and it drops em' like a box of rocks!!! Here's my question...I've shot two deer and one turkey, both shots were pass-throughs and "I lost 3 bolts"!!! What is the best "luminok" to use with the Excalibur Fire Bolts with the 150 grain broadheads??? The bolts have that screw-in insert in the end of the bolt. Does that "insert" need to be removed to put the luminok on??? Please let me know...I can't afford to lose $15 (bolt & broadhead) every time I pull the trigger on an animal. Any help would be appreciated...Thanx a lot!!!
gerald strine

Re: Need Luminok info...

Post by gerald strine »

E X C F 3 by burt coyote
Is the part # you want for the fire bolts lighted nock it fits only the fire bolts and is a flat nock they work real good.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Bambiblaster

Post by Bambiblaster »

Look at the trading post there are some there up for sale
EXCAL VORTEX
S5
VARI-ZONE
LUMINOCK FIREBOLTS
CROSS TRICKS
WYVERN QUIVER MOUNT
Treelimb 3-Arrow Quiver
Bob1961 Red Cocking Rope
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I put Burt Coyote Lumenoks on my hunting arrows (Firebolts) for this year. They work great and where easy to install. You will need to remove the insert from the back of the arrow.

As for losing your arrow the Lumenok will help but it's not a sure thing, especially if you're hunting from the ground. I shot a bear from a ground blind and lost a brand new Rage Crossbow/Firebolt/Lumenok arrow under all the leaf litter on the ground. Even went back after dark hoping to spot the Lumenok glowing in the dark but no luck. There went $50 down the drain but hey...that's hunting. This is much less likely to happen when hunting from a tree stand as your shooting downwards and the arrow tends to stick in the ground.

I would still reccomend going with a lighted nock.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
undertakerguy

Post by undertakerguy »

Thanx to all for the information...Having hunted my whole life (I'm 57) with both bow and gun, I know that losing arrows/bolts is part of the game...I just don't want to lose one evertime I pull the trigger!!! I'm a little suprprised that Excalibur doesn't make a lighted nock specifically for their Fire Bolts...seems like they're missing a big market!!! Thanx again...Undertakerguy
undertakerguy

Post by undertakerguy »

I understand that the insert in the end of the Fire Bolts needs to be removed in order to install the lighted nocks. Does anyone know how to get that insert out without damaging the bolt??? Thanx...
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Screw a field point into the nock. heat it gradually with a small torch (try after 20 sec or so not more) Then pull gently with pliers. Try to pull straight out. I cracked a carbon arrow with too much side to side pull. Remember you have to clean out any residual glue left inside the arrow. Anyone that has had any problems with lumenoks has not gotten rid of that glue. the lumenok uses the conductivity of the arrow to light. Too much glue or glue in the wrong spot = no lite.