How to wax?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BizROWorld

How to wax?

Post by BizROWorld »

How do you wax your crossbow? I have the excalibur little container of wax. I have never waxed my crossbow yet. I have taken maybe 30 shots with it since I bought it back in the spring, when it was waxed by the dealer. It was sighted in already and its right where I want it to be. I will be shooting it this weekend, next weekend, and then going to PA to hunt with it. How do I wax it, and also when should I wax it? what effect will it have on my shooting?

Thanks in advance. It's a Vortex, not sure if that means anything.
Galgo

Re: How to wax?

Post by Galgo »

Bill recommends you run some wax on the serving (all around) then rub it in with your thumb. The heat and friction of your thumb will move it into the gaps. thats it. The wax will lube the rail when you shoot. I wax the entire string the same way at the end of the season too.
BizROWorld

Post by BizROWorld »

thanks so just pick some wax out of the container with my finger....how much should i be putting on.....should I be waxing before hunting 6 straight days, or not till after?
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

That wax it came with will do for now but it gums up your rail pick up some Dalton 2000 comes in a deodorant like stick.
Best stuff on the market.
Tenpoint Matrix
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

"Dalton 2000 comes in a deodorant like stick.
Best stuff on the market
." I agree, it the best going now.

Migabby
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Just take the cake of wax out of the little blue tub and have at it. Don't over-wax the serving, it's not a case of if a little's good, a lot is great.
"Eze 18:21"
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Take the Excalibur wax out of the container and set the bottom of the wax on the string and now rub the wax in a circle motion into the serving and the whole length of string twisting string with fingers to get all sides of string covered in wax, now rub it in with your fingers, repeat every 50 shots.
It will not effect your zero at all.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Glad I read all the posts....I thought you were getting your legs done for hunting season or something!?!? :shock: :lol: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Another vote for Dalton's. Works great, and don't have to use deck lube. Lube serving to, despite what some say. The string under the serving is under great pressure, needs lubing to prevent strands from chafing.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!