Equinox/Exomax shooters... What broadheads do you use?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dork

Re: Equinox/Exomax shooters... What broadheads do you use?

Post by dork »

congrats u have bought a excalibur crossbow they are the best numbers prove it.when they say 150 bolt cutters than heh thats the way to go..Fixed not mechanical like the bow less problems better hunts..good luck
Chris Dillard

Post by Chris Dillard »

I just switched back to the NAP 100 grain Thunderheads from the 145 grain Muzzys. I also switched from the Peep & Pin to a Bushnell Trophy red dot scope. Lost a tremendous Buck last week, going back to my most successful setup :!: :!:
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax
Tennessee Tom

Post by Tennessee Tom »

I am old fashioned I shoot 2219's at 21 " use pdp weighted inserts to get the desired foc and have harvested deer with the 100 and 125 grain Slick Trick , G 5 Montec NAP 100 grn Thunder Head bolt's have been flecthed with 2" Blazer vanes have used razer feather's ,, I guess that I am lucky bow seems to shoot equally well with med foc 16-18 % any of those broad heads mentioned ,, EXCAL just about perfect design ,, very simple and reliable ,more accurate out to 30 yards than my Ruger 10/22 ,, they are about the best survival gear that I own ,, you can not hardly go wrong with one of them I have a Max and a Nox . Most people that I read their post like lighter set up's and more velocity , my style is to keep shots close 30 yds max and I like kinitic energy ,, over 100 # for the 2219's at 306 fps....