Boo string owner contest

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

Re: Boo string owner contest

Post by one shot scott »

I had not been raised with hunting as an activity, I found it in my late 20's after a friend introduced me to it. I fell in love with it instantly and my intention is to share with my kids (2 boys, 2 girls) the experiences i didnt have at a young age. I had picked up a used 2 man ladder stand this year with the hopes that i can start with my oldest, enjoying the scenery and MAYBE, just maybe we could spot a deer or two :wink: We hunted last year from a blind but i know he was getting a little discouraged with not seeing anything. Anyways... it wasa a great sunday afternoon and as i was suiting up to go out I asked if he would like to join me. He jumped at the chance! this would be the first time he would accompany me in our new(to us) treestand. The idea of climbing a tree excited him, before only Dad was allowed to climb trees :lol: WE had sat for an hour, enjoying our time when sure enough this doe comes out of an overgrown feild into this alfalfa feild, directly infront of us at 30 yards!! i know he had a really hard time being quiet, he was so excited! I had made the shot and she dropped 50 yards away, still in the same alfalfa feild. I had seen her drop, but didnt tell him. Instead I let him pick up the blood trail and follow it to her. When he said "THERE SHE IS"!! i tried to act surprised! :D Im looking forward to many more times out with him!

Here he is dressed in Dad's camo :lol: trying to act cool, saying dad dont take a pic of me!!

and his remarks at holding his first deer?? "Shes sooo soft, very beautiful". I hope this is the start of it for him. She fell to the excalibur Y25, boo string & big John arrows
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
catcher

Post by catcher »

I would like to enter in the contest with this 12 pointer that I shot on December 17th .with a boocustom string.

Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

My vote is for this ole sea dog right there...^
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

catcher wrote:I would like to enter in the contest with this 12 pointer that I shot on December 17th .with a boocustom string.

If this is the one Hoss is voting for I second that. Catcher you outdid yourself. That is one great lookin buck. Congrats!
Perch74

Post by Perch74 »

l shot this buck on Nov. 25th, and again with all the deer we shoot it comes back to family and how important they are. My kids actually missed the morning of school to come and celebrate. Just want to thank my Dad who is in the picture and my wife who is taking the picture for making this possible. Boo, great strings!
Marco
korey99

Post by korey99 »

Late Season Ontario 10 pointer for the contest....

Boo

Post by Boo »

Just a reminder that the contest ends this month. I will however be visiting Awshucks in Arkansas during that time and will be back the second week of Feb. It will take me a bit of time figuring out who wins what. So please post any pictures before I get back! There might be more prizes!!! Don't be shy guys!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Don, I tired, but no luck with the bow this year. Got some good comments on the string at the shoot today though! :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

VixChix wrote:Don, I tired, but no luck with the bow this year. Got some good comments on the string at the shoot today though! :D
Moni, just say you were using your Boo string as a sling on the gun you used to get your deer. Mums the word!! :D
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

j.krug wrote:
VixChix wrote:Don, I tired, but no luck with the bow this year. Got some good comments on the string at the shoot today though! :D
Moni, just say you were using your Boo string as a sling on the gun you used to get your deer. Mums the word!! :D

And this is why I love my xbow friends! :D :D :D :D :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

j.krug wrote:
Boo Custom Slings????? good choice
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

j.krug wrote:

If I hadn't have forgotten my extra Boo string that morning, I would have taken a picture holding it with the deer I got in November with the .45 LC carbine and entered that. :lol:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Boo

Post by Boo »

First I have to apologize for taking so long. I've been busy at work but it took me a couple of days to figure out which pictures I liked best. The decision wasn't easy!
I couldn't decide between ninepointer and ohioexocetfan so they both get 6 Carbon Express arrows.
Ohioexocetfan's son gets the kid prize a Dagriz knife (with his father's permission of course) and vrodman gets the second prize an Arizona EZ Fletch of your choice.
Vrodman, if your bird was spread out a bit so the bird was more plainly visible in your first picture I would have picked you as the first prize. You won a prize because of your smile!
Congratulations boys and good work! Please contact me by email to find out how to get your prize.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Mark Rainbolt

Post by Mark Rainbolt »

Congrat to All the Winners!!!!!!!And a Special Thank You to Don for holding such a Wonderful Contest!!!!!!!!!
God Bless,
Mark
I walk in the light with my Lord and Savior!!!
2011 Excalibur Vortex with a Twilight DLX Scope
Boo Custom Strings
Boo Custom Trigger
Gold Tip Laser IV's
100gr. Swacker Broadheads
Onestringer Arrow Wraps, with Blazer Vanes
Equals a Deadly Weapon!!!
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

To make it a little easier, below are the pictures that Boo called out as the winners.
Boo wrote:I couldn't decide between ninepointer and ohioexocetfan so they both get 6 Carbon Express arrows.
Ohioexocetfan's son gets the kid prize a Dagriz knife (with his father's permission of course) and vrodman gets the second prize an Arizona EZ Fletch of your choice.
ninepointer

ohioexocetfan

ohioexocetfan's 11 y/o son, Noah

vrodman

Congrats to all of the winners, and a big thank you to Boo for being generous enough to hold the contest! :D
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.