Batteries for game cams

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

j.krug

Re: Batteries for game cams

Post by j.krug »

Boo wrote:
j.krug wrote:Do you think the little solar power sources for these cameras would be more cost effective? Just a thought as I don't have any experience with them.
Donno yet, we'll see what happens with the software update. There is a solar option at $89.99+++
Hopefully the software upgrade will make a big difference for you. Good luck. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I use one of the Bushnells that run on either four or eight AA's, the camera has been out since the end of April and has plenty of bettery life left. Supposed to be good for a year, so we will put it to the test.

The other camera I use is not mine, :D , it is Ecoasters. A spypoint with rechargeable lithium batteries. That also lasts quite long and up until last weekend when I removed the camera it too was showing full battery strength, having been out since the end of April.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Boo

Post by Boo »

I have cams made by 4 manufacturers and the batteries last just fine (months++). The issue is with my plot watches not my regular game cams.
Some people just like stepping on rakes