New String Brings Questions...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Machinist

New String Brings Questions...

Post by Machinist »

Hi to all! I recently installed a Flemish 1989 fast flight string and an S5 kit on my Axiom and I'm getting a little frustrated. I installed them and set the string about 3/16" off the suppressor's. Knowing that the string would settle and stretch some. I went shoot about 12 shots after and re set the string back at about 1/8- 3/16" off the suppressor's again after. Well question is, how long will it take for this new string to finish stretching? I set it, shoot a couple shots and let her sit over night then bam the string is touching the suppressor's again. I don't want to put to many twists in the string. Side note I also had my Excalibur fire bolts re fletched with some blazer vanes for better flight. Any help would be appreciated to get me in the woods soon. Thanks!
vixenmaster

Re: New String Brings Questions...

Post by vixenmaster »

My friend i have some FFF strings 7-8 yrs old that still creep along but just real slow, like molasses in winter time. Twist yer sting up about 3/8" gap & let her creep, after that it should slow down some
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Machinist

Post by Machinist »

I guess that would work. I was worried about twisting it to much. I try to even out the twist per side also. Thanks.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Naw throw half dz twists into yer string won't hurt it none. Don't have to even out twists, just pick one side & twist so it tightens up
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Yarak

Post by Yarak »

My most recent flemish string took about 3 weeks to finally settle down. It hasn't moved for a week. But even if streches some more it is an easy fix and I just like "messing" with anyway.
Machinist

Post by Machinist »

Alright then I'll twist her up a good bit more and go from there.
strum

Post by strum »

There ya go twist er up..as a note... and somone eles may weigh in here to bit i dont think you need worry about too many twists. if you do end up with to many you just take back out and shoot on ...
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
peter p

Post by peter p »

Twist it up a good half inch.
It will drive you crazy twisting a little at a time.
I had a string like that. I kept twisting it 1/4 inch at a time.
It finally stopped after a total of 2 inches of twisting
it was on an Exomax.
deerman

Post by deerman »

I had the same issue on my Exomax but decided to cock the xbow and let it stretch overnight and this solved the problem. It wont hurt the limbs as a couple of years ago the last day of bow hunting for me is Nov 14th but that night I forgot to discharge the xbow at my hunting area and told myself to do it when I get home into my target, well you know what happened I forgot to discharge it and took it into the basement for storage til next season!!! 9 months stored in the cocked position!!! I couldn't believe what I saw the next season, a Exomax at full draw in my case. Took it outside and shot it at 30 yards into a bulls eye of 2 inches. This just goes to tell you all how great and tough these limbs are, but I dont suggest you leave it at full draw for nine months. It is the best crossbow on earth hands down.
Constitution states "That all power is inheret in the people:that ...it is their right & duty to be at all times armed"...Thomas Jefferson 1824.
strum

Post by strum »

deerman wrote:I had the same issue on my Exomax but decided to cock the xbow and let it stretch overnight and this solved the problem. It wont hurt the limbs as a couple of years ago the last day of bow hunting for me is Nov 14th but that night I forgot to discharge the xbow at my hunting area and told myself to do it when I get home into my target, well you know what happened I forgot to discharge it and took it into the basement for storage til next season!!! 9 months stored in the cocked position!!! I couldn't believe what I saw the next season, a Exomax at full draw in my case. Took it outside and shot it at 30 yards into a bulls eye of 2 inches. This just goes to tell you all how great and tough these limbs are, but I dont suggest you leave it at full draw for nine months. It is the best crossbow on earth hands down.
thats a great story ,,but shame on you for going 9 months with out shooting your crossbow 8) 8)
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16