firebolt vanes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bartbouse

firebolt vanes

Post by bartbouse »

What color vanes are available on the firebolts? Every time I shop for them there is no choice on color. I just got a half dozen in lime only. The first half dozen where white only vanes. The next half dozen were yellow, white, and lime. Then I got some that are orange, white and lime. And finally, one box was white, lime and dark green. Is there any place I can order the colors I want, i.e. Woody's? Are there other colors available? My daughter might like pink, for instance. I know deer don't care but I would prefer all the same color or colors.
Raymond

Re: firebolt vanes

Post by Raymond »

Where are you located? There is a few guys on here that will make you exactly what you want.
Raymond
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

I just got 1/2 doz from Amazon for $40 & they came with all White,but it doesn't matter because I rip them off & put on Blazers,after I ordered them I found this site that you can get just the shafts with inserts for $5 less so I'll do that next time as I want the Blazer vanes. I try to use a color thats easily visible if I have to find the bolt in the forrest

http://www.woodyssportinggoods.com/prod ... prod=W-FBS
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Wow Sounds like crossbow arrows are selling good. Think I am only minus 3 arrows that I bought 4 years ago. Bought six this summer from Big John. Sure he would keep them coming to u the same each time so if you were down to 3 or 4 you could get another six the exact same.
BigNasty

Post by BigNasty »

Last edited by BigNasty on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigNasty

Post by BigNasty »

Last edited by BigNasty on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

@ BigNasty do you put those wraps on first & glue the vanes right onto the wraps,was wondering how well the vanes hold onto the wraps,I'm guessing the wraps are made of plastic that you shrink wrap onto the shafts.
Where did you get 100 blazers for $8,best price I found was $13
Excal Axiom SMF
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
B3,

BigNasty

Post by BigNasty »

Last edited by BigNasty on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

Ok so its like a sticker,I thought it was those shrink wraps that you heat up to shrink it to the shaft.
Yeah I got mine on Ebay for $13
Excal Axiom SMF
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
B3,

bartbouse

Post by bartbouse »

Thanks for all the replys. I called Woody's. Woody's said there is no color choice from Excalibur but you can call and see what they have in stock. They usually have several different colors. They indicated that the multicolor are no longer made. I ordered a dozen without vanes. They are $10 less without vanes or about $35 a 1/2 dozen. I'm going to put pink The Crush NAP quikfletch's on them for my daughters to go with their pink Vixen II's. Woody's said they will put any vanes on them you want for $4 more than the standard 1/2 dozen which I believe would be about $45 plus $4. The bad news is that I lost two bolts last night shooting at turkeys and no turkey.