Changing arrows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

theoldarcher

Changing arrows

Post by theoldarcher »

With only three arrows left out of six and season still far from over here in Georgia, I was forced to get out yesterday and buy some more arrows. As normal for me I went to the local bow shop and wouldn’t you know it, he was out of Gold Tip Lazer II’s and said that it would be at least a week or two before he had enough orders to order some more.

So… I ended up changing horses in mid stream. I ended up going to the 2219 shaft with 4 inch chartreuse florescent wraps and 2 inch florescent orange vanes. After I got home and put them all together, I started tinkering with them and I found that front of center was only 2.5%. Not wanting to have to go out and buy new heavier broadheads and stay with my 100 grain Meet Seekers, I went back this morning and bought a Lumenok nock (only one he had) and some Gold Tip Lazer II 110 grain brass inserts. I was surprised to find out earlier this year that the GT brass inserts would actually fit the 2219 but, fit them they do.
After installing the brass inserts and Lumenok I got he gram scales out and came up with a total weight of 546 grains per arrow :shock: which was a lot heavier than I anticipated, but I can live with it. Figuring up front of center I was just over 10%. Now I am sitting here about to order 2 more lumenock’s to go along with this one I already have made up to go into my 3 arrow quiver. I definitely shouldn’t have any problems with pass through shots now and hopefully the Lumenock’s will help me find them after they do go through. We’ll find out in the morning…I hope. :lol:
georgiaboy

Re: Changing arrows

Post by georgiaboy »

Good luck with your magnum arrows!! :shock: :lol:
Hope ya shoot a big one!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
wabi

Post by wabi »

Not sure which Excalibur you're shooting, but that arrow should be accurate even if you do loose some speed.
wabi
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

I'm shooting the Phoenix, I'm hoping to be getting around 280 or 285 out of it with my boo string but I kind of doubt it. But like you say it should be accurate.I know that their will be a big difference between a 401 grain Gold Tip and this 546 grain monster. Thats a difference of 145 grains. :shock: