Ever wonder how many hunts are over before they begin?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

perrysbirds

Ever wonder how many hunts are over before they begin?

Post by perrysbirds »

Ever say to yourself how many hunts are over before they even begin?
I put this game camera in here last week and I have three different bucks but none of them in the daylight...
Here we are this morning....
I always wonder how many hunts are over before they even begin...
If im not out shooting deer.
Im home drinking beer!
2007 exomax
Hazmat

Re: Ever wonder how many hunts are over before they begin?

Post by Hazmat »

Some times we hate what we see on the game camera's that we have up, it can be frustrating when you hunt at one spot and then the next week you check the camera's and see that Deer were at the other spot that you chose not to hunt :evil:
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
rayman

Post by rayman »

Cameras are a great tool to help you know what you have coming to your spots, and what time they come. But I don't know, kind of takes away some of the mystery. Might be better off not knowing sometimes, remaining blissfully uneducated. :mrgreen:
wabi

Post by wabi »

It gets to be kind of a guessing game sometimes.
I keep a camera on my feeder and it's amazing how many times I get there just after, or leave just before they show up.
Those days I'm there at the right time make it worth it, though. :wink: :lol:
wabi
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

I had the same thing happen this year. I was hunting a field edge out of a pop up. Unless its foggy i cant slip in before daylight.One morning when i got to my hunting spot no fog. So i thought i will wait until i can see to walk in with out a light. So i slipped along the creek bank (wood line). I was in my blind at 7:05 with out seeing any deer or hearing any blowing. I hunted until about 10:00 and walked over and swapped the card in my camera.At 6:58 a nice 8 point crossed right where i had seen him the week before.
koko

Post by koko »

You can look on the bright side. You at least know there is one there. I have my camera over a scrape where I have a tree stand located. I pulled the sd card after 6 days and there isn't a picture of anything on it. I guess I didn't miss any thing.
2010 Equinox
Boo string with cat whiskers
camo munchmount
Big John GT III arrows
with 100 grain 3 blade meat seekers