Piece of my Excalibur equiptment I hate the most.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

theoldarcher

Re: Piece of my Excalibur equiptment I hate the most.

Post by theoldarcher »

I switched from the Excalibur Quiver to the 3 arrow Kwickiee Quiver. I have it mounted on the bow with the standard Excalibur mount that fastens under the riser. I carry my crossbow on a sling on my back and have never had an issue with my arrows coming loose. I even carry a back pack with me when I hunt and it still rest comfortably on my back and no issues with knocking my arrows loose.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I have a top mount quiver and love it. I also replaced my first quiver with one that has "two grippy thingies" (Mike P. would bust me on that comment if he were still around). :lol:

Since the switch to the "two grippy thingie" quiver I haven't lost an arrow. They're in that quiver until I say its time to come out! :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
frisky

Post by frisky »

I think you are talking about the bracket that mounts the on the UNDERSIDE of the rail, right? I made my own that mounts the quiver on the top, parallel to rail on the outside of the rail.

this works for me :D :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Boo

Post by Boo »

Danny Miller's mount is a very light alternative. It's cheap and very efficient. It goes across the front of the bow so you can still manipulate the arrow. Plus it's cheap! Guess which quiver mount Bill used when he whacked an Elephant? If I had to have a quiver on my bow that would be the one.
I will stick the Game Plan. It's pretty near perfect.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
rayman

Post by rayman »

Personal preference. I can't stand a bow mounted quiver, not that I have seen yet anyway. Pack light in the woods - no day pack - just carry the quiver in my hand and set it down in the stand. Wouldn't work for slip-hunting.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Some people just like stepping on rakes
BBDOWN

Post by BBDOWN »

I took mine off had a pouch made for the side of my pack and put it there. I don't hit it with the sling and no lost bolts.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Mr. Dynamite wrote:I would too, but that would not rid me of the problem of arrows sliding down out of the quiver while still knocked in its slot.
Sounds like something either isn't right with your quiver or you're shooting some awfully small arrows for them to be sliding out like that.

Does your quiver have the 2 rubber areas to hold the arrows like are on mine in the picture below?

I shoot Firebolts and have not had any of the arrows ever even attempt to slide out. They're actually somewhat of a pain to get in and out of the quiver because of the 2 rubber areas, or as VixChix put it, "two grippy thingies". :lol:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

The arrows are held in by two rows of black rubber grips ("grippy thingies" for Mike P.) There is no way an arrow will fall out. I have to use quite a bit of persuasion to free them from each set of the black rubber holders

The top mount keeps it out of the way for carrying.

I carry the bow with the left limb/string resting on my left shoulder from behind. The sling over my right shoulder provides tension to keep it in place.

It might be a bit hard to see here - but it's a very comfortable way to carry the bow. It's balanced so that I don't need to hold on to the limb, I just happened to be doing it in the photo.

Last edited by VixChix on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Ooops! :oops: I see Big58Cal beat me to the photos. :D We're saying the same thing as far as I can tell.

Trust me, those arrows in the quiver are not going ANYWHERE until I say so. 8)

(I previously had a quiver with just one row of "grippy thingies" and I also had a problem with arrows coming loose.)
Mr. Dynamite

Post by Mr. Dynamite »

Big58cal wrote:Does your quiver have the 2 rubber areas to hold the arrows like are on mine in the picture below?
No, it only has one row of rubber arrow holders. Must be an older style.
Want to buy a K98 Mauser 8mm. If you have an old one sitting around someone brought back from the war please message me!
frisky

Post by frisky »

Hi
My quiver has only one roll of arrow holders, I have never had them slip/slide on me. Am I just lucky, or is it a redesigned "grippy" :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
End of the road

Post by End of the road »

I did not like the Excal quiver either and did not like carrying more stuff in my hands or a bag. I went with an inexpensive hip quiver I found made by a company called E.W. Bateman in Texas that holds four arrows. I have dedicated an old belt for it so I can just strap it on like a gun belt. Using a separate belt allows me to slide the quiver forward or back for the most comfortable position. It also has a quick release strap at the bottom so I can strap it to my leg and prevent swing as I walk. It has a rubber grippy thing to hold the arrows up top, a quick release strap that goes over the arrow shafts for extra safety and the broadhead is stuck into a piece of closed cell foam. I really like it.
JRS

Post by JRS »

Boo wrote:Danny Miller's mount is a very light alternative. It's cheap and very efficient. It goes across the front of the bow so you can still manipulate the arrow. Plus it's cheap! Guess which quiver mount Bill used when he whacked an Elephant? If I had to have a quiver on my bow that would be the one.
I will stick the Game Plan. It's pretty near perfect.
Gotta agree. I bought mine when they first were offered. Think I paid around $30 shipped for both the mount and new Bohning quiver. Much lighter than any other mounting system I've seen (not putting down anyone else).
yakman$

Post by yakman$ »

I must admit my quiver bugged me to... But i got this top mount quiver holder and since then it has not bugged me at all. I carry my bow on my back a lot and this is the best fix i have found.....
Dont ask me the brand i have no idea. But i will say i love it...

See photos

Sorry for the poor photos taken with my cell phone..
Excalibur Exomax
Lumen-Arrow
Bolt Cutters 150gr
S5

BEST Crossbow I have ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!