Broadhead Problems!!!!Any Ideas?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

simoncotsamire

Broadhead Problems!!!!Any Ideas?

Post by simoncotsamire »

I have owned my exomax for about 5 years now and have killed lots of deer with it. I am shooting Firebolts. When I shoot 100 grain fieldpoints my accuracy is great. I tried 100 grain carbonexpress fixed blade broadheads and my consistency was terrible. I thought I had bumped my scope or something came loose. I checked the crossbow and scope nothing wrong. I put my fieldpoints back on and shot great again. Thinking it was the broadheads I went and bought 100 grain muzzy MX3's like I had used in the past. I had the same results NO CONSISTENCY. Any ideas I am freaking out and the rut is in!!!! :x
mchurch

Re: Broadhead Problems!!!!Any Ideas?

Post by mchurch »

Stock Firebolts come with aluminum inserts. I would try their 150 boltcutter and their 150 grain field points. That should do the trick.
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
peter p

Post by peter p »

So what you are saying is at one time you shot 100 grain muzzy MX3's with firebolts and everything was fine.
Now all of a sudden your broadhead groups are all over the place?

Check to see if the black spacer that goes sandwiched between the limbs and riser are not sticking out and making contact with your fetching.

How old is the string on the bow?
simoncotsamire

Post by simoncotsamire »

String is good. Just checked and the spacers are sticking out slightly, maybe just enough to barely touch on some shots and be my incosistency. I will trim and shoot tomorrow at daylight before work. Thank you very much for the advice! I will post the results tomorrow. :D
peter p

Post by peter p »

Check the "need some advise" post and you will see a picture of the black spacers before and after trimming.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Check for broadhead run-out.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wabi

Post by wabi »

If the only thing new to the setup is the broadhead(s) it would be a good bet that's where the problem is.
As Boo said, check for runout (spin test).

Not sure about the design of either of the broadheads you mention, but I'd try one of the new short profile broadheads designed for high speed flight. (SlickTrick, G-5 Montec, or something else that seems to get high praise here on the forum. Another option is to try a mechanical.
wabi
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Switch to 100gr 3 blade spitfires.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
rayman

Post by rayman »

mchurch wrote:Stock Firebolts come with aluminum inserts. I would try their 150 boltcutter and their 150 grain field points. That should do the trick.
Yea, what mchurch said. No need to reinvent the wheel, unless it just make you feel better. :wink: