Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Jackbass

Re: Best Climber Treestand for XBow

Post by Jackbass »

I use the Realtree EZ Hanger to hang my bow when in my Viper. I also bring some dollar store hooks for my backpack and other accessories. I never leave my stand in the bush. I have a few favorite trees but it all depends on the wind.
DanO

Post by DanO »

I have the viper summitt and I love it. I find it too noisey in the dark for my liking but for the afternoon sit it's great. Very comfortable. If you lock it up in the tree I don't know how you'd get down? I'm serious.

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

I just picked up a Summit Goliath this year, and an Ol-Man. I am selling the ol-man as soon as I can. The Summit is miles ahead of the Ol-man in ease of use.
In the Wind.......
Boo

Post by Boo »

I have a Summit Ultimate Viper and the only issue I have with it is that I can't stay awake in it.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Panhandler80

Post by Panhandler80 »

Good post.

Mine was stolen last year off a piece that was left next to a meth haven.

Can anybody tell me more about ones with shooting rails? I'd like one for cross bow, but NEED one for that property where I rifle hunt, but can't leave a stand there without it being stolen.
"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
DanO

Post by DanO »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Boo is so right! It's a guaranteed nodd off everytime I'm in it. Can't fall out of it though!
Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
JohnDoeHunter

Post by JohnDoeHunter »

I thought the whole point in a climber was that you took in and out with you. A lock is just to keep an honest man honest, so what is the point? There is no way in hell I would leave my Summit out of sight! Yes like the others have said, there is no better nap place in the world.
John
Gewehrhund

Post by Gewehrhund »

Don't leave it. It takes less than a minute to rig it back into carrying config...
2011 Vortex w/S5
Fire Bolts w/rage 100 gn for deer
Fire Bolts w/bolt cutters for everything else
.338 Ruger compact mag
Nikon Pro Staff LRF
Excal FFF string
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

BizROWorld wrote:
Sopchoppy wrote:I've used a Summit Ultimate Viper SS for 4 years and love it. It's easy to climb with, very comfortable if you plan to sit for most of a day, has an adjustable shooting rail which really helps with a crossbow or rifle, and is really well made.
Do you keep the crossbow on your lap while sitting the whole time? How do you lock your climber to a tree?
The Ultimate Viper SS comes with an adjustable shooting rail plus the climbing bar. I use either to support the xbow depending whether the shooting rail is raised or not. It will rest sideways or straight ahead with the stock next to my right side in the seat. I do not have to hold any of the xbow weight. If you choose to leave a climber in the woods, you can use a cable lock, but as has been said, if a thief wants your treestand, it's GONE, no matter if you use a logging chain to "secure" it.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

Not sure I would leave it in the woods locked to a tree,even if you locked the solid frame to the tree some butt head would take the cable part just so you couldn't use it.then you'd have to order a new cable.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Louvp wrote:Not sure I would leave it in the woods locked to a tree,even if you locked the solid frame to the tree some butt head would take the cable part just so you couldn't use it.then you'd have to order a new cable.
Had someone cut a tree down and slide the chain and stand off. Was not a happy camper! Leave nothing behind anymore.
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

wheelie wrote:
Louvp wrote:Not sure I would leave it in the woods locked to a tree,even if you locked the solid frame to the tree some butt head would take the cable part just so you couldn't use it.then you'd have to order a new cable.
Had someone cut a tree down and slide the chain and stand off. Was not a happy camper! Leave nothing behind anymore.
Yeah Wheelie,if they want your stand theres not a lock thats gonna stop them from taking it.I wouldn't leave a $300 climber in the woods,I leave cheaper hangon stands locked to the tree.but I've had them stolen, so I try not to leave them if I'm not gonna be hunting for awhile.
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
Leonidas

Post by Leonidas »

Check out Treewalker or Cougar Claw. Also US made climbers.
BizROWorld

Post by BizROWorld »

I cant believe nobody locks their stands to trees. Everyone I was in hunting camp with in PA a week ago locked their climbers to trees, and this was on state land. When you got a 1-2 mile walk into the woods, im sure it would be a pain to carry a climber in and out with you along with your xbow, etc.