crunch time!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5050

crunch time!!

Post by jody5050 »

this is it, as of thur., 10, the last three days of archery season! none in the freezer yet. seeing a few deer here and there, some very nice bucks. (NEVER close enough, all over 50yds) i have the next 3 days off, not sleeping well, not much of an appetite either :shock: (though you would never think that if you saw me) :lol: x-bow is great, although a little "clunky" to sling across your back. i have been using it more than my vert. bow. last chance, need to let one fly true, even though just being there is better than i can ever put into words, c'mon lord please let me take one home.... veterans day on friday, 11, to all you guys and gals that gave so much, THANK YOU!!!
exocet 200 easton power bolts tracer nocks 125gr magnus stingers bad river tagged-out fiber optic sight S5 system monkey tail string dampeners
maple

Re: crunch time!!

Post by maple »

The best attitude is to have confidence in yourself.

If you go into the woods thinking, this is useless, it probebly will be. However, if you go afield thinking, I'm going to try hard today, your chances of success are much improved.

Go get 'em 5050.

Maple
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Good luck to you!! :!:
Are you allowed to use your x-bow during firearms season?
We are here in Ga., i haven't shot my guns in almost two yrs.!! :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
jody5050

Post by jody5050 »

if i ever go into the woods feeling that this is useless, it will most assuredly be my last!!! never, ever do i feel that way about deer hunting. i have been out during late season (in jan.) to get a deer. i do not give up that easy. oct., and early nov. are my favorite times to hunt. x-bows are allowed to be used in any deer season, still use rifle during that season. i will use the x-bow again in late season (muzzeloader and archery only)
exocet 200 easton power bolts tracer nocks 125gr magnus stingers bad river tagged-out fiber optic sight S5 system monkey tail string dampeners
koko

Post by koko »

Three days left here. The rut seemed to be cranked up last week. I saw deer 6 out of 7 times out, including 4 buck (1 legal maybe). Thursday was the HOT DAY saw 3 buck in that one day. But this week all I have seen is 1 doe. Both the buck and doe seem to be gone again. Except for that one week the season has been miserable. Take away the week of the rut and I have been out 29 times and saw deer 5 times. The biggest buck being a 1 horn spike. Now I am back to seeing nothing again. I have been out every night except one for rain and one for snow.
2010 Equinox
Boo string with cat whiskers
camo munchmount
Big John GT III arrows
with 100 grain 3 blade meat seekers
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Gret attitude jody5050.Good luck and I hope to see pics of you and a nice deer before your time runs out. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads