Devil deer striks again!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

theoldarcher

Devil deer striks again!

Post by theoldarcher »

I got out for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon and decided to forgo the oak flat in hope that I could catch a buck leaving his bedroom in search of a hot doe before dark and avoid being busted by that doe that has gave me a fit for the past week. :roll: I set up below the flat about 100 yards in a small draw that I have taken several deer in the past.

Just before dark five does came out of the thick stuff and started feeding my way down the draw. They had made it to within 45 yards of me when like a guardian watch dog, guess who shows up? :shock:

The devil doe as I have started calling her came out of the yard of the owner’s property and stepped into the edge of the woods and looked straight at me. She started blowing and stomping sending the other five does headed for cover. :x She just stood there for a second or two, looking straight at me and just for a second… I swear she looked like she was smiling before she turned and trotted off back into the yard of the property owner. :lol:

Went out and bought a new Ol’Man climbing stand last night. New day, new plan. 8)
Even the wife didn't complain about spending the money. Thats got to be a good sign. :lol:
See4miles

Re: Devil deer striks again!

Post by See4miles »

Good luck with this one! She is obviously very, very wise. I dealt with one like this a few years back. I ended up moving out of the spot as she was truly un-killable with a bow. (at least at my skill level)
She had two fawns who looked like race-horse colts and I figured she was too smart for me, and a reliable breeder, so I moved a mile down the road. She's probably still there busting hunters.... LOL
In the Wind.......
bucknbill

Post by bucknbill »

these kind make it tough, they are "pro,s"..try dippin your arrow in gunpowder :lol: that helps to level the playing field :D
Exocet 200
S5 string stoppers
3x Proview
ComfyBear string
2219,s Blazer vanes, Muzzy 3 bld 125,s..they fly straight

John 3:16
gogo

Post by gogo »

If she was stomping a new plan may be in order, may have to move a bit.Good luck,let the games begin.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

They don't get to be old does by accident! :lol: Good luck!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

VixChix wrote:They don't get to be old does by accident! :lol: Good luck!
VixChix you would normally be right (Wife taught me a long time a go, Women usally are :lol: ) but this doe is this years stock. She might weigh 50 pounds. But she has all the cunning of an old granny. It seems she has made it a personal mission to make my life misserable (Must know my X or be related :lol: ) every chance she gets. Wouldn't hurt my feelings so bad if she was an old nanny, but being as young as she is it makes me feel like I'm slippen. :oops: :lol:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Oh yikes! I didn't realize she's just a young 'un!

That makes it even worse!

So I guess you're fighting genetics? If so, then there might be more of her kind out there! :evil:

I hope you get her!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

Whats the gunpowder for?
In the Wind.......
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

See4miles wrote:Whats the gunpowder for?
He was thinking that maybe this one would be more suited to take with a rifle instead of a crossbow :lol:
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

That may be the solution by George!
In the Wind.......
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

It's legal to bait in georgia now...have you thought about some goodies to keep her occupied while you slip an arrow in her? :mrgreen:
Might better take care of this one asap, if she makes it to next season she will probably make things a living hell for you!! :shock:
Good luck!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

georgiaboy wrote:It's legal to bait in georgia now...have you thought about some goodies to keep her occupied while you slip an arrow in her? :mrgreen:
Might better take care of this one asap, if she makes it to next season she will probably make things a living hell for you!! :shock:
Good luck!!
It is in South Georgia but not here in NorthWest Georgia. We are the red headed step children of Georgia. South Georgia always gets to do things before we do. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: