O/T - What do you do for a living?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boomer

Re: O/T - What do you do for a living?

Post by Boomer »

For the last 6 years I have been work for the local Electric Utility as a Mapping and Surveying Technician. I manage our GIS program and mapping all of our assets we have in the field.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Well folks, I graduated high school in 1984. Was planning on entering the RCMP but the waiting process was at least six years. So I became a Commercial Fisherman for 10 years until my back and knees gave out in November of 1993, that was a hard pill to swallow. Totally changed my life style. After about 13 years of disability I was able to get back into the work force. I was an Assistant Manager at Carl's Store in Tusket, Nova Scotia for 4 1/2 years. I really enjoyed the job. And then all of a sudden my whole body seemed to be breaking down. And boy do I miss working. So my Excalibur addiction is yearning but I know until the time I am able to get back to work it will just have to yearn. But at least when I was working at Carl's Store I could feed my addiction with a new Excalibur whenever I wanted to or with anything else that I wanted. And at cost and that was really great. But it is still not bad I have an Excalibur Equinox. So I guess life is good with what I have.
Thanks,
Raymond
Bones

Post by Bones »

Got my diploma as an aquaculture tech, then went to work at an arctic char farm in the Yukon for 5 years and 1 year in Washington state. Part owner of the investment company that owns that farm. Currently working in property management ( commercial ) for the family company now.
Bones
timbikeride

Post by timbikeride »

I'm an accountant.
JohnDoeHunter

Post by JohnDoeHunter »

I'm a Gandy Dancer.
John
strum

Post by strum »

JohnDoeHunter wrote:I'm a Gandy Dancer.
A what? :roll:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

strum wrote:
JohnDoeHunter wrote:I'm a Gandy Dancer.
A what? :roll:
He likes trains
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
strum

Post by strum »

I got messed up on drugs and such when i was about to graduate high school so i dropped out..worked a lot of jobs ..
Did mechanic work at motorcycle shops and boat shops and cars/truck shops,,ended up leaving that and working in about every type of residential construction there is,,
Later went back and got my GED now i own a small carpentry business. mostly do restoration.. flooded homes and such..
I dont have a B.S. in anything but im full of it anyway.. :lol: I do have a PHD down in my shop..if your doin any fence work you are welcome to borrow it 8)
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
JohnDoeHunter

Post by JohnDoeHunter »

A gandy dancer is a railroad track worker. I'm a track welder.
John
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

I started out waiting tables and cars at the age of 13, 6 days a week, 6 hours a day. During my junior and senior year in high school I worked full time on second shift in a Textile mill while still going to school. After graduating I got in to carpet mills and ended up as a boiler tech. Got into law enforcement in 88 and stayed for 23 years until being laid off. Now I am drawing my retirement staying at home running dialysis treatments on my wife and son 7 days a week. No plans to go back to work in the near future as taking care of them is a full time job in itself. My wife dialyzes 4 days a week and my son 3 days a week. They dialyze 8 hours a night. Take the other two girls to school in the mornings which leaves the rest of the morning to hunt. It was kind of hard to get use to in the beginning because I have always had a job since I was 13, but its nice being able to spend that much time with my family now.
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

Full-time stay-at-home Dad...part-time work from home Communications/Marketing/Editorial Production/Media Training Consultant with contracts in one specific sector that keep me very busy. I travel a little, mostly to one city...have some very aggravating and boring days keeping on top of what's going on with my clients...but I get to spend a lot of time with my kids. I also have my own children. Only those who know me well will get that. :lol:
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I've been working at our local Roto-Rooter franchise since 1981. Started out as a drain tech, got my master plumber's license in 1991,was promoted to operations manager in 2009.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Fletcher1

Post by Fletcher1 »

Graduated high school in 1961. Enlisted in Air Force in 1962. Jet engine mech. during Viet Nam war. Plumber in '70's. Coal miner from '78-'81. Injured in coal mine accident. Raised my son by myself. Have 2 GREAT Grandchildren. Single for 25 years. Now married to the LOVE OF MY LIFE. Even with all my infirmities I am happier than I have ever been. Disabled retired in '81. 9 back surgery and 4 hip replacements. Fish a lot, hunted a lot until this year. Sure miss the hunting.
Kelley
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Started out in the Oil Field working Summers while I was in School. After I got home from the Oil Field in the Evenings, I'd then go haul hay (isn't youth wonderful?) Then graduation came along about the same time as the Oil Bust in the mid 80's. I was "unemployed" for a while but made ends meet by cutting wood, working part time for a Coal Company and worked as a truck driver for some Farmers during harvest time. While waiting for the Farmers to fill my trucks, many times I'd pick up Pecans and sell them at the same place as my load of product was going...life was sweet!! (I also got to hunt some pretty good places back in those days!!!) I also did quite a bit of trapping during the season. (That was the days when fur was worth something!!!)

I eventually landed a factory job and stayed there 10 years until I decided I'd had enough. I have a problem with idiots in management trying to tell me how to do a job they've never done before. So I bought a new Dodge pickup after I quit and started delivering trailers across the country and up into Canada. I eventually ran out of money and went to driving a truck for NAPA Auto Parts. Did that for a while after getting married. From there I got my Inspectors license and started a Home Inspection company and ran that for 8 years and built it up to 5 employees before selling it.

When I started my home inspection company, I also learned how to build a website for my company. I found that I liked doing that as well. During those 8 years I also fiddled around with Affiliate/Internet Marketing (building websites and selling things on them) and found that I had a knack for it.

After selling my Home Inspection business I went into Affiliate Marketing full time. I had told my wife years before that I wanted to find something I could do that would allow me to hunt, fish and travel whenever I wanted. She said "yeah sure, whatever hun" and went back to watching her TV. Now I'm the one who's saying "have a nice day hun, say hello to 'THE MAN' for me!" as she leaves for work every morning. Sometimes I even sing her a little CCR...working for the Man every night and day....If looks could kill.... :shock:

When I was searching for something I could do and still enjoy the things I loved, I seriously considered becoming a hunting or fishing guide, but then decided I didn't want to deal with the public after dealing with them for 8 years. This business allows me to stay home and do pretty much what I want and still earn a living. The nice thing is, if there is an Internet connection wherever I'm at, I can work. This is why I'm still using an old cell phone. If I can't pull up the Internet in a Treestand, then I won't be on there instead of watching for deer!

I am a blessed Man and I thank God every day for blessing me with this lifestyle!!!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
End of the road

Post by End of the road »

I've been a lawyer for the past 16 years. Prior to that I owned and ran a small furniture manufacturing company.