Goo Goo's Up date

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

capt stan

Goo Goo's Up date

Post by capt stan »

Not many Pictures lately except this one.

This was over a week ago on the shotgrouping range. She was the 1st soldier in her whole company to get shotgrouped and zeroed!! over 200 tranees in her company!!! 10 rnds for shot grouping( two five shot groups) Drill Sgt made a sight adjustment on her weapon. Another 5 shot group..on Target another 5 shot group zero confirmed!! Thats my girl! :D In her letters she said the Drill had her coaching some hard heads on the zero and downrange feed back range. They asked her where she learned to shoot..her answer..." I grew up hunting and fishing with my dad"...Gotta love that! She said the Drills call her hot shot now...LOL hopefully it wont jinx her when it comes time to qualify!!

Her spirits are good and she had a bad bout with bronchidis (sp) was in the ER for that. Lost a lot of weight and some upper body strength. She is recovering from that though and feeling better. Now its just the blisters on her feet from breaking in the boots. These are things every trainee goes thru. I remember those days well as a soldier and a Drill Sgt. She said to say hello on the forum and she will be home for x-mas and cant wait to eat junk food...and go hunting with dad!!!

A little up date on my huntng, My goal every year is to stock my freezers full before duck season starts. Fortunatly its been a good season( except for horns LOL) Duck season starts this sat but with the hot weather and dry conditions..it's not looking good at all..pretty dismal to be honest. The wife told me we are good in the meat dept. I have managed to roll up 7 deer and 7 hogs so far. I only hunt public land here managed to See 62 deer hunting so far this year and have been beat by not one..but two nice bucks :oops: But thats hunting. It may seem like a lot of deer but remember here on the coast of GA they are small, average 1.5 year old buck will be close to 100 lbs live weight and average doe 75 to 80 lbs live weight. So we average 23 lbs or so a deer on meat .

I am at a point where I can't sleep at night. On Thanksgiving afternoon I will be leaving for Missouri for 10 days of duck and maybe some goose hunting. The boys have been rolling up the mallards for the last week...I hope they stick around. I'll post up a hunting report of the trip when I return.

Good hunting to all and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Boo

Re: Goo Goo's Up date

Post by Boo »

You are a very lucky man who has worked at a relationship with his daughter! Good for you and Sabrina!
Keep it coming!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Hats off to you Sir for raising such an outstanding daughter. You must be so proud. :D
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sounds like everything is going good for her at this point.
Thanks for the updates!!!!!
wabi
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Congrats on your hunting success and to Sabrina! Hopefully the Drill will be calling her expert soon!
Crispy
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Thanks for the update Stan. Good to hear, but not surprised, that she is doing well. I wish her all the best. :)

Also good to hear the freezer's full and good luck on your upcoming duck hunt.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
maple

Post by maple »

Glad to hear she's doing well, except the bronchitis.

After scoring so well on the range I bet she went to sleep with a smile on her face, as did her dad upon hearing the report. Good on both of you.

That sure is a stack of deer and hogs you got there Stan. Fire up thr grill.

Good luck on the quackers.

Maple
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

You know, it's a shame that you're not proud of your daughter..... :roll:

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Fletcher1

Post by Fletcher1 »

Never had a daughter but if I had one like yours I would be a proud papa too.
Kelley
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

You have brought up a leader.
It starts in the beginning she may get razzed a bit but I will guarantee she has the respect of her peers whether they admit or not.

Way to go you have brought up one tough young lady there.
Tenpoint Matrix
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Good to hear all is well with sabrina!! :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Give a big hug when she gets home for Christmas from the whole forum,and tell her how much we have enjoyed seeing your posts on her training and how proud we are of her. Then ya'll have a good hunt!
capt stan

Post by capt stan »

I will pass everything along to her...

Got another letter from her today.. She completed the GAS Chamber LMAO she hated it!!She got a good load of the CS Gas after removing her mask in the chamber, she couldn't believe how bad it burned and as soon as she ran out and hit the fresh air she puked.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

her exact words in the letter was..." it really sucked"...LOLOL

If any of ya'll have had the pleasure of the Gas chamber... you know the deal... :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Man, between me, the boy, and 2 dogs, the wife lives in a gas chamber. :mrgreen:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
swiftfox

Post by swiftfox »

Tell her to keep on trucking. Hope to see her deer posting's soon

Swiftfox
Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil says "Oh! crap She's up"