Why own an Excal?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

redmandant

Why own an Excal?

Post by redmandant »

Well I tell you, it is the easiest sale in my store by far. When asked what is the advantage of an excal over other bows, i simply say if ya ever have a problem its an easy fix. Well prime example today, guy came into my store a little sheepish and asked me if I got excal parts... Well it seems he has always hung his bow on a sawed off branch in the tree, well after many years it seems like rot had set in. You guessed it, the bow took a quick 20' trip to the ground the hard way :( After close inspection all he needed was a new stirrup as it took the brunt of the impact. Scope, thank god, was not damaged but he will take a bunch of shots to confirm before heading out tomorrow.

That Equinox is one tough bow....Now what would have happened with a 'wheelie' X-bow :roll: :wink:

RED
I know I can't spell but does it look like I CAIR!!!!!
georgiaboy

Re: Why own an Excal?

Post by georgiaboy »

I can tell you what would happen...you would be the proud owner of a THOUSAND little parts!! :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

All most every other company would have told him its his fault pay fer all the repairs. The Bow didn't fail owner error!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Yup that's why I own Excal because I'm accident prone!! I can also be abusive :lol:
The best things in life are not things!!
strum

Post by strum »

man ..was the bow loaded?..and if so did it turn in mid air to hit stirup first?..sounds like it was a close call..but your right thats another great reason to own an excal.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
shaftthrower

Post by shaftthrower »

strum wrote:man ..was the bow loaded?..and if so did it turn in mid air to hit stirup first?..sounds like it was a close call..but your right thats another great reason to own an excal.
Wondering the samething here!
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

These excal's are tough to say the least, mine always rest's on my shooting rail. But i have come close a couple times of almost knocking it out / makes your heart skip a few beats :roll: Glad to hear the bow was the only thing hurt. :wink:

Dave :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

georgiaboy wrote:I can tell you what would happen...you would be the proud owner of a THOUSAND little parts!! :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Indeed! Sometimes I run mine over with my truck for fun just because I can!! :lol: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i think the question should be "why wouldn't you own an excalibur" :wink: ..........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

strum wrote:man ..was the bow loaded?..and if so did it turn in mid air to hit stirup first?..sounds like it was a close call..but your right thats another great reason to own an excal.
My uncle dozed off one time while hunting with a rifle, and the rifle slipped out of his hands and started falling. He said he saw it rotate butt down/muzzle up during the fall, at which time he grabbed ahold of the tree and jumped around to the back side of it. :lol: Luckily, the gun didn't go off.

As for "Why own an Excal?".......... Because they're the best freaking bow in the world, that's why! Image
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Leonidas

Post by Leonidas »

j.krug wrote:
georgiaboy wrote:I can tell you what would happen...you would be the proud owner of a THOUSAND little parts!! :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Indeed! Sometimes I run mine over with my truck for fun just because I can!! :lol: :lol:
LOL! Post of the day :mrgreen:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Big58cal wrote:
My uncle dozed off one time while hunting with a rifle, and the rifle slipped out of his hands and started falling. He said he saw it rotate butt down/muzzle up during the fall, at which time he grabbed ahold of the tree and jumped around to the back side of it. :lol: Luckily, the gun didn't go off.
Oh yikes! :shock:

In a stand I sometimes leave the pull up string looped on the butt of my gun or bow - that way if it falls it will hang pointed down.

I also like to have my pull up rope adjusted short enough so that the bow or gun won't hit the ground.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

i own one for the same reasons you all do.but i don't think i will drive my truck over it.it's to purdy!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

and VixChix that is using the old kidney's that is a very good tip!!!
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

bugs wrote:My bow and I once took a fall on some whore frost.
OK, blame it on me being a redneck from the south, but what is "whore frost"? :?: I know what a whore is, and I know what frost is, but I've never heard of the 2 combined. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

I really don't know how to say it other than this

The Best.