Wonder how I missed this one

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowholic

Wonder how I missed this one

Post by xbowholic »

OK, I went to look on ebay last night and typed in excalibur crossbows in the search area; I have been looking for a vixen in the "brown hide" model and come to find out that there is a place in Georgia that is selling the exomax in the all brown hide model and he advertises that they are the 2011 models; came back to the excalibur web site and there is no brown exomax; did I miss this for some reason or what? I love those ol' brown excals but I sware that I didn't known there was a brown exomax;

Is there a special "run" of these or is this normal? if not, I'll be ordering one of these from this dealer just for the sake of having one; go to ebay and check them out; type in excalibur crossbows in the search area; if I missed this somehow, please someone let me know; thank you.
wabi

Re: Wonder how I missed this one

Post by wabi »

There was another forum member purchased one a while back.
It appears to be the brown Vixen limbs & stock on an Exomax rail, I'm guessing Excal cleared out some old inventory by making a special run.
If it carries the Excal warranty it would be a good buy.
wabi
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

It's called the Brown Bear
Tenpoint Matrix
BigNasty

Post by BigNasty »

It is a Brown Bear 225. I have one. I got it from the place in GA. It is a great bow at a great price. Like others have said, it is the older non camo exomax with the older brown vixen limbs, stock and quiver. It is a limited production run and is covered by excalibur's warranty. I personally like the appearance better than the other excalibur models. I chose to upgrade to the twilight DLX scope. I am very pleased with the setup.
Ekkie

Post by Ekkie »

Hi everyone. First post here- I'm a relatively new Equinox owner.

I love my new Equinox so much that I'm already contemplating picking up a second Excal. You know, to have a spare. Or maybe allow a friend to use it so I can have a hunting partner. Hmm. Nah! :lol:

Anyhow the brown bear caught my attention. Nice price, and I really like the look of it too. I'm wondering though... if it has Vixen limbs is it really as powerful as the standard Exomax? Do they use the same limbs or something?

Thanks!
~Ekkie
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

For the mag tip limbs:

most models have the same limbs with the exception of the youth model and the target model. What the difference is in the vixen to the exomax is the length of the rail. The longer the rail, the higher the draw.

I like the brown too. My y25 has a set of brown limbs on her. Looks good with the stock!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-