O/T Wood Burner Help

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

O/T Wood Burner Help

Post by awshucks »

Thanks to our EPA, most American wood burner mfgrs are teats up.

I need a door gasket for this puppy. About 48" perimeter and the channel it rests in on door is about a tight 3/4".

I also don't have a clue on how gasket is held in place. Any help will be well thought of!

"Eze 18:21"
wheelie

Re: O/T Wood Burner Help

Post by wheelie »

`Any company that sells wholesale natural gas or propane fireplaces to companies will have that gasket material. Same gasket for wood and gas. Get the gasket glue also. Just glue it on without stretching it and put the joint in the middle at bottom. Very easy. Can't find it let me know and can ship it down to you.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Try to google - wood stove door gasket kit -
Several choices are found, but I don't know what it would take for your stove.
wabi
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

That works to.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Get the gasket glue also.
Thanks, glad to hear it's sold by length and you've confirmed my suspicions on how it holds to door.

I can handle it from here, just didn't want to get bs'd by some clerk.

Much obliged.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

You are exaclly right about the industry going upside down. I am haveing a heck of a time with fireplaces. CFM went broke and bought out by Majestic. Then Monessaron bought out Majestic and the name didn't go over very well so they switched it to Majestic now. Then they took there fireplaces away from suppliers so I had to become a dealer just so I had access to parts. Dropped a whole lot of models and can't get parts. I had to condem four fireplaces so far this winter over what used to be a five dollar part. I swiutched to Continental since just to deal with a stable supplier and company. They are made by Napolean out of Barrie Ontario. Everything thing else is out of Texas.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

check out this place Awshucks...I got 2 blowers from them a month ago and I was happy with the service

you may be able to find what you need here..looks like your is or could be an earthstove..

http://woodheatstoves.com/earth-stove-1 ... -9292.html
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Thanks, Hoss. I bought this in '04 from local Ace Hdwe, they went under in '08. I need and have found about 4' of 3/4" flat.

Someone, somewhere, sometime ago, told me this was made in O Canada.

I looked at a new offering at Coast to Coast in town and it's EPA compliant w/ [3] 3"x1/2" slots above door, no way to tweak air intake other than damper on top where chimney sleeve fits.

I like this lil bugger, as I do most products from up Nort.
Anyone recognize the brand?

EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

Awshucks was that stove made by Vermont castings? It looks very similar to one that I'm familar with.
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
Gregoire1960

Post by Gregoire1960 »

I've replaced the gasket every 3 years or so & it's an easy fix. For what it's worth, I would stay away from the glue as I've never had good luck with it. I use the black gasket cement and it works great. Remember to really clean the channel well and sand out the old glue / cement to ensure good adheasion for the new gasket.