Uncocking with bolt still in..Part 2

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tar Heel

Re: Uncocking with bolt still in..Part 2

Post by Tar Heel »

I went to a 22 arrow this year and found you could not get your foot in the stirrup with a arrow in the bow and they shoot great and will keep you from cutting off a toe.

Tar Heel
The old man from the mountain
steve

Post by steve »

I didn't realize so many have done this. I think the 22 inch arrow would solve that problem. Personally, I look over and count the arrows in my quiver before I pull the trigger. I've done that for a few years now, since I read the first post of someone unloading with a arrow still in.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Was just going to suggest a 22 inch arrow myself .
TPM

Post by TPM »

This is why I like the shorter rail of my Phoenix. The arrow protrudes well into the stirup so there's no way I can get my foot in without knocking the arrow out .
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

strum wrote:
Cossack wrote:Sorry to have to say this: Doing it once, an accident. (?) Twice? STUPIDITY !
Moreover, would you haul a loaded GUN into your house?
sooo everyone who has dryfired more than once is stupid?..
sign me up ill be the president..just call me president stupid :lol: :lol:

This post isn't about dryfiring, it's about letting the bow down with the arrow still in the bow. My bad, should have said let bow down with arrow loaded not dryfire
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

steve wrote:Personally, I look over and count the arrows in my quiver before I pull the trigger. I've done that for a few years now, since I read the first post of someone unloading with a arrow still in.
After I read the first post about someone doing this, I too count the arrows in my quiver before letting down. Look at the rail and count the arrows in the quiver, and then look at the rail again. Only then will I put my foot in the stirup and attach the cocker. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
strum

Post by strum »

delete
Last edited by strum on Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I have done it. I also have dryfired more than once. I have also hit my thumb with the string as the bow is fired. More than once... but it took buck fever to do it the 2nd time. a good amnt of bleeding and lost the nail, but the digit is still there.

Go ahead, call me stupid. These bows require alot of attention to detail. Shtuff can happen, no matter how good you think you are. spend enough time with them and chances are you will do it!

In the past i have read where someone calls a mishap like this stupid then end up being the next one to do it. ya best knock on some wood as soon as you can. :P
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
muskyman454

Post by muskyman454 »

i am glad this post is on here.because it scares me and i will not do it! i would shoot my last arrow into a tree before i do that. because i am the guy that these things happen to! :lol: i am glad that no one was badly hurt and i pray no one gets hurt! but i would rather pull a broken arrow out of the ground than my foot.
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

Cossack wrote:Sorry to have to say this: Doing it once, an accident. (?) Twice? STUPIDITY !
Moreover, would you haul a loaded GUN into your house?
Not only have I "hauled" a loaded gun into my house I keep one loaded at all times. And I bet I'm not the only one one the forum that does. As for uncocking the bow with a arrow still on the rail, I've done it and Im not alone. It will most likely happen again. Most people on this site are honest. But honestly is it a place for name calling?
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.