*A Safety warning*

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

*A Safety warning*

Post by Doe Master »

I have worked on a couple of bows this year where persons have screwed out their limb bolts too try and lighten the weight . :shock:
Please don`t do this . The bolts are meant to be tight .
I would really hate to hear someone wore a limb upside the coconut . :shock:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
rayman

Re: *A Safety warning*

Post by rayman »

Sounds like they already had their screws loose, but I shouldnt be one to talk. I've made more than my share. :)
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

The scary thing is, if your working on it then they had a problem from doing that! I can only think of one thing that happens from doing that and it ain't pretty!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Doe master;; you can beg & plea but people are going to try and tweek everything ,,,,,,,,,,,,, especialy MEN!!! that's the way we are progammed :lol: :lol: I just hope and pray nobody gets hurt.. and messing around with these things can get you hurt realy bad :x . please everybody leave the tweeking & tuning to the professionals :cry: unless you know exactly what you are doing :roll: :roll: Believe me i know what i am talking about :x Sometyimes the things that seem so simple are the one's that get you hurt the WORST!!!!!! :cry: :cry:

Dave :(
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

if the xbow you have is too high of a poundage for you, sell it and get a lower poundage one and so on untill you get the poundage you feel is right.........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

bob1961 wrote:if the xbow you have is too high of a poundage for you, sell it and get a lower poundage one and so on untill you get the poundage you feel is right.........bob

Good point. That Is why I went from the Vortex to the Ibex. The best move I ever made... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I can see how that could turn out really bad!! Watch for the "idiot" video coming our way on youtube soon. :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

bob1961 wrote:if the xbow you have is too high of a poundage for you, sell it and get a lower poundage one and so on untill you get the poundage you feel is right.........bob

I have a 2010 model Phoenix in great condition I would swap some one for an Exocet :D :lol:
wabi

Post by wabi »

I can see how the mistake of backing out the limb bolts could be done in an attempt to lower draw weight.
On all the vert compound bows I've owned that was/is the way recommended by the manufacturer to reduce poundage!
For many of today's archers (younger folks) their only experience has been compounds.
If all I'd ever shot was a compound and all of those had been adjustable by turning the limb bolts it would be a very easy mistake to make IMO.

Now,
Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know if the same adjustment used on vert compounds (limb bolt position) could be safely used on a compound crossbow?
wabi
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I guess a lot of people want a Vixen! :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

VixChix wrote:I guess a lot of people want a Vixen! :D
I started not to buy my vixen because i didnt think it would be all that i thought it was going to be but its more than i ever expected and then some :wink:
I will add Accessories to my crossbows but i will never take away anything the company put on them
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I really don`t know about your question Wabi .All the compound crossbows I have seen are bottomed out .
Tom

Post by Tom »

Doe Master wrote:I really don`t know about your question Wabi .All the compound crossbows I have seen are bottomed out .
Heya Master :D :D ........ Wabi might just be showing his age.

I am with him with this though. Back before I got my Relayer, all the compounds I was familiar with had adjustable poundage. And with that you needed to either back out or tighten the limb bolts for the poundage you wanted.

I also believe that this is not an excuse for people to mess with the correct way for the bows to be shot or used, but since it is possible that ol-timers remember this , that maybe Excal might need to add a SAFETY NOTICE with the bow info to remind owners of this issue. Remember that many of the old time compound shooters are now getting into crossbows.

But this now brings me back to what I always say ........ UNLESS YOUR QUALIFIED, DO NOT DO ANY MODIFICATIONS TO YOUR BOW!!!!!
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

wabi was talking about vertical compounds not the horizal type. Vixen's reign surpreme jus ask me i will tell you it is so. :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know if the same adjustment used on vert compounds (limb bolt position) could be safely used on a compound crossbow?
Nope he was asking about crossbows . As for the moving down in weight . ie from max to vixen
These mods were done on Ibex and Axiom . :shock: