Spare String

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shadower

Spare String

Post by Shadower »

Being a owner of a new Exomax ... is it advisable to have a spare string in my case and a stringing aid rope ? I have a new hard case that protects everything well, but I'd like to know some opinions. thanks Gary
Mark Rainbolt

Re: Spare String

Post by Mark Rainbolt »

Yes always carry a spare string just in case of emergencies, along with a stringer.
God Bless,
Mark
I walk in the light with my Lord and Savior!!!
2011 Excalibur Vortex with a Twilight DLX Scope
Boo Custom Strings
Boo Custom Trigger
Gold Tip Laser IV's
100gr. Swacker Broadheads
Onestringer Arrow Wraps, with Blazer Vanes
Equals a Deadly Weapon!!!
ELLIS

Post by ELLIS »

My Equinox eats servings. Right now I have three pre-stretched and re-served strings that I rotate as needed. I am a 3D shooter putting a ton of arrows through my bow. All I have to do is remove the string (with a stringing aid) that has its serving damaged, put on one of my spare strings to the right brace height and I am good to go. That process takes maybe a minute. Since the strings are all the same the scope will be still sighted in. Checked this out back when just to make sure and it was.

Cheers,

Bill
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member
wayne

Post by wayne »

YUP.......In my hard case, there is always 2 spare strings & a stringer, the strings are pre-stretched & pre-shot & twisted to brace height, then I use a large paper clip on the ends to hold it there & put them in a zip-lock bag, don't want to waste a days hunt, days off work are to few. :D
Vortex W/ Twilight DLX & Ibex W/ Lumi-Zone
Firebolt's & Carbon Express Maxima Hunters W/ 2" Blazer
Excalibur's X-act broadheads
Excal's Flemish Dyna-Flight string. Fer now

Wayne & Brenda
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I make my own and do so whenever the mood strikes, have at least 3 spares for all three bows on hand at all times. However, since I hunt nearby, they don't usually accompany me in the field. If I hunted some distance from home they-along with a Stringer-definitely would
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Yep, unless you hunt behind your house, it would be a good idea to keep some spare things with you. I had Boo make me a couple of strings a couple of years ago. One I keep on the bow, the other I keep in the case with me in case something happens to the one on the bow. I also keep a stringer, allen wrenches, wax, extra rubbers for the NGSS, etc. Basically, anything that I can fix myself, I take it with me in the case while hunting. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
rayman

Post by rayman »

Big58cal wrote:I also keep a stringer, allen wrenches, wax, extra rubbers for the NGSS, etc. Basically, anything that I can fix myself
Told my wife I don't keep emergency rubbers in my travel bag!! Plan to keep an extra string and stringer though. :)
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

rayman wrote:
Big58cal wrote:I also keep a stringer, allen wrenches, wax, extra rubbers for the NGSS, etc. Basically, anything that I can fix myself
Told my wife I don't keep emergency rubbers in my travel bag!! Plan to keep an extra string and stringer though. :)
YOU ALWAYS keep emergency rubbers with you! :wink: Just like with me carrying a concealed pistol all the time................. I'd rather not need'em and have'm than to need'em and not have'm. :wink: :lol: :mrgreen:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

For sure! It's a good idea to have a spare string and stringer with you no matter which Excal you have. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I personnally think you should have at least 6 strings & knowed how to reserve. If'en you don't reserve have at least 8 strings as things tend to happen!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

Definitely agree with vixenmaster. I've probably got 8-10 strings around. I know for sure that I've got a couple that I need to reserve once season is done. Always carry the stringer and a spare string in my little pack when I hunt. Never know when you may touch a string with a broadhead when you are loading an arrow in the dark. :lol: