Heated jacket

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Farmer

Heated jacket

Post by Farmer »

Just seen an add from an industrial supply that sells Millwauke tools --- they have a 12 volt electric jacket and it comes in camo as well . Anyone here try one of these yet . if it worked it may be just the ticket for long hours on stand in cold weather .

Here is a link:

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/productdet ... uctid=2331
j.krug

Re: Heated jacket

Post by j.krug »

I've seen the electric socks but not the electric jacket. I'm curious how well it works too? I've been thinking about getting a Warm Bag to help me stay warm in the tree.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
munch

Post by munch »

i was looking at them the other day in the TSC they look like the cats meow not cheap but sure would be nice to stay warm.i have also heard you can buy them at motor bike shops for riding your bike in cold weather but they plug into a lighter .i wondered if you could mount a deep cycle battery in your treestand and have the thing work a few days
another thing that works great is a heating band they sell at drugstores that wraps around your back .vixchic and ryan pointed them out last year and i could not believe how well they work
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

A deep cycle batter with a little solar panel to charge it up and you'd be all set. Climb into your stand or blind, plug yourself in and you'll be toasty warm!
2007 Exomax
String by "Boo"
Bolts by "GREYWOLF" and "John"
Dan Miller quiver mount
Varizone Scope
Butler Creek and Excalibur scope caps
The Schnitz

Post by The Schnitz »

I have one and it is the cats meow. Nice and warm yet very lightweight. Two pieces of advice if you get one. Make sure you wear it up against your base layer. I wear mine over my underarmour. If you wear a sweater between your base layer and the jacket you don't feel the warmth as well. Also most of the time I am in stand I have it on high and the battery that comes with the jacket only lasts for about 2 hours. I bought an extra lithium m12 XC (extra capacity) and I have cured this issue as with this battery I have been running it on high for 4-5 hours no problem. Lastly this jacket is nice to take the cold edge off but you will want to wear another over top on those cold, cold days. If anyone has any more questions just ask
BTW I don't know what they are selling them at TCS for, but my buddy sent me a flyer from the Canadian distributer (Wolesly Inc.)where they have the camo jacket on sale until Dec 20 I believe.
Full Camo Matrix 380
Eotech 512 Holographic Weapons Sight
R.E.D.S
Boo Custom String with Cat Whiskers
Excalibur Diablo 18 inch arrows
Spitfire 125's
FISH-ON

Post by FISH-ON »

Wolseley, and you probably can purchase the jacket at any location that sells Milwaukee (ie. Home Depot) as a special order item...search it google
Milwaukee 2332 Large M12 Cordless Lithium-Ion Realtree AP Heated Jacket - Tool Only
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

What kind of money for the Realtree one ?
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I believe Windsor Factory Supply had them for 239 with battery and charger . ( camo model )
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Thanks My friend :wink:
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

The Schnitz wrote:I have one and it is the cats meow. Nice and warm yet very lightweight.
I was curious about the weight on these. Wasn't sure if they'd be light or if they'd be kinda heavy with all the electronics and the battery?? Thanks.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
The Schnitz

Post by The Schnitz »

The heat is tranmitted through carbon fible sewn into the jacket. So there is no added weight. The m12 lithium batteries are very small so you barely know it is there. The m12 XC is a little bigger and bulkier but worth the trade off IMHO for the extra battery life.
Full Camo Matrix 380
Eotech 512 Holographic Weapons Sight
R.E.D.S
Boo Custom String with Cat Whiskers
Excalibur Diablo 18 inch arrows
Spitfire 125's