hunting small land?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

new2xbow

Re: hunting small land?

Post by new2xbow »

Don't give up so quickly!!

set your blind about 30 yards to the side of the trail they are using, try to brush it in a little. and heck if they are within range don't be afraid to harvest them from your back porch, I HAVE! In fact a rifle stays next to the window of my shop that overlooks my back field. I don't actively hunt my land due to the close proximity to state park, but i am an opportunist and will take the shot if i have the chance.
Tony K.
Stokes County, NC
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
X-act 100gr

http://www.NCGunRights.com - "Gun laws only limit the law abiding!"
brent73

Post by brent73 »

corn is a no go (not legal to hunt over bate in tnn) i think im going to just sit on my front porch more and see. stranger things have happened lol :roll:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Get yer corn put it out & don't shoot them while eating but catch them coming & going. That way yer not baiting just feeding the local squirrels! :D I have a feeder 35 yds from our cabin & we watch the deer n squirrels crows chipmunks all come by & help their selves.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

vixenmaster wrote:Get yer corn put it out & don't shoot them while eating but catch them coming & going. That way yer not baiting just feeding the local squirrels! :D I have a feeder 35 yds from our cabin & we watch the deer n squirrels crows chipmunks all come by & help their selves.
Better check the regulations . . .in Virginia, they will get you for feeding anything, even bird feeders are illegal during hunting season. In Georgia it's illegal.

Anyway, check the local regulations.

I get two or three deer a year off a 20 acre plot of land. Three years ago, I planted a few fruit trees. Hopefully, in a few more years, the trees will greatly improve my hunting opportunities.

10 acres is plenty. I can only hunt about an 1/2 acre at a time.

Do some planting and some planning. :D
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen