Successful Season or Not, Mine!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Successful Season or Not, Mine!

Post by vixenmaster »

I knowed many of you would be thrilled to kill the amount of deer i do in a season. Dec. has been another month of not getting to hunt fer various reasons. That causes alot of friction between me & my Mrs. & her non stop barrage of things to do. I am not dumpin on my Mrs. per say, its when i want to hunt i want to hunt! This has been the worst hunting season i have had in most 10 yrs. I have had much success but it mostly was under pressure. I felt the squeeze of time & mostly shot any deer that came by unless i didn't feel like fooling with one. Not feeling well enuff to clean & butcher, but well enuff to enjoy being out in the woods. I didn't see the 1st mature real nice racked Buck. I feel its because i got shorted on my hunting time. I/we help several women with children by putting meat in their spam. Of that i am grateful to help them. I have always been a meat hunter 1st come 1st served. I am at that time in my life i think i will start to be more selective of the Bucks i kill. I let 5 Bucks walk, they were no better nor worse than the one's i had already killed. I had rather kill more tasty Doe's & maybe couple of decent Bucks & pass on those less than 6 pts.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
agingcrossbower

Re: Successful Season or Not, Mine!

Post by agingcrossbower »

The wife is pestering you vixen. Join the group. :lol: :lol: After the first time I step out to hunt my wife will say with great regularity, So how long is this season and I wish you were done with it. Never fails, you could set your clock to it. :D I will add that she is the best thing that ever happened to me and Rocco I'm afraid is second. SHHHH!
PS, Yes, I am a little jealous that you can shoot so many deer. :wink:
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

By my count, he 'stole' a 1/3 of them from Arkansas. :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
masboy

Post by masboy »

I had the best year ever for seeing and shooting at nice bucks because I got too hunt almost everyday and nothing beats puting in the time. but very disappointed in my shooting after all the time I put in shooting and getting everything right with my bow and arrows.I have the best shooting most forgiving set up I think I could possibly get.(but the deer don, t know that!) it,s hard too get a nice buck for me sometimes I,ll go a year without getting a shot at a nice buck. that's not much fun thow so I wack a couple young ones too eat.my sons get a lot of deer and give a lot too people in need around here.I, m still trying too wack a nice one here and the cold will make the big boys come out too eat soon I hope. I like too eat the young deer for my winter meat and will be wacking a couple soon and letting them hang in my garage for awhile.don,t care much for them tuff old bucks too eat.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I didn't get out much this year, either.
Mailed my survey to the DNR already (archery hunter survey I fill out every year), so I don't have the exact count in front of me, but it was something like 11 hunts and less than 30 hours hunting time.
Managed to get 3 deer, though.
Took my son on one hunt and he got a deer, too.

With 4 for the winter's meat we're in good shape, so we've switched off to squirrel, rabbit, bird hunting.
Now that's the way to go hungry. :shock: :roll: :lol:

Still a month and a half of deer season left, so I may try for one more.
wabi
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

I had a great season "did'nt kill anything yet" Love my time in the woods. Still got some nice ones showing up on the camera, theres always late archery season :D
Crispy
JohnDoeHunter

Post by JohnDoeHunter »

My Mrs. kept me from hunting several mornings this year. But I ain't complaining at all. Coming up on 20 years ago I came home on leave and went to visit my best friend and brother Marine. Well she was 15 when her brother and I left for boot and was homely, and forgettable. What a difference those three years made. She opened the door when I had knocked on it and I was speechless she was by far the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. She gave me a big smile and I was done, I think it was the dress blues that helped me get that smile. She is still the most beautiful thing I have ever seen and for some reason she keeps on smiling at me. She has been smiling at me a lot lately and has talked me out of hunting in the morning several times this year with just a smile. Like I said, I ain't complaining. Had a great season so far and still have a few more days left I can hunt.
John
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I wasn't able to get out much at the start but been out pretty regular the last 3 weeks or so. Seen plenty but no meat in the freezer yet. Clock's tickin'!
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
BBDOWN

Post by BBDOWN »

i just tell my betterhalf you can let me go from oct1st to dec31st and I'll be happy and still spend time with her, Or you can bitch at me for the next three months and no ones happy! We have been together 21yrs you would think when hunting season started she'd have my stuff in the truck the week befor. we still have a few more days to go
new2xbow

Post by new2xbow »

My wife had been eerily ok with me hunting this year. :?

Last few years only rifle hunted and caught a guilt trip almost every trip out which was maybe every other weekend.

This year i have been out every weekend since archery opened Sept. 10th and have gone friday and saturday on most weekends. She is even ok with me going on sunday this coming weekend, which is ussually a big no-no for her.

I think she has realized i am going anyway so may as well be cheery about it and we all stay happy. Either that or maybe i need to put a treestand to watch my driveway one morning. J/K my wife is awesome and i have no fears with her!

We have been married coming up on 8 years and look forward to many more with her... guilt trips and all.
Tony K.
Stokes County, NC
Axiom SMF
Firebolts
X-act 100gr

http://www.NCGunRights.com - "Gun laws only limit the law abiding!"